What do you all think about the forum page?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Oct 26, 2007.

What do you all think about the forum main page?

1. Too many sub-forums and/or Cluttered

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hard to find the right forum to post my message

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Forums are not organized into proper categories/topics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Page might be intimidating to newcomers

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Forum titles are confusing and/or long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Just the way I like it!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Other Feedback (explained below in a post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is important for us to get user-feedback about the simplicity and user-friendliness of our forum on an ongoing basis. This poll topic focuses on one specific aspect of our site - the forum page.

Please participate in the poll and give your honest feedback about our forum. Any descriptive comments below with specific examples would be the most helpful to make improvements and take corrective actions. Look forward to your active feedback!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear malathy,
    you could help us by creating a space in our formats to select our friends, and we get the intimation about those favorite writers, this helps us not to miss out any of their writings, and each one will have their own favorites.

if we could open indus with our own blog then we could write many things and it gets channelised according to the matters, may be i am asking too much but it comes under one name that is snippets, forward, health tips, jokes, all come under one person's contribution...so the id that u have given like sunkan in indus kind when we search for sunkan all my contributions come up...regards sunkan

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    I very much apprecite the detailed way the forum page is made. It cannot be more user-friendly.But like Sunkan says there must a way for us not to miss new posts in case we are not able to acess the site for a few days. With the number of members and posts increasing it's difficult to keep track.

4. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I was also thinking samething like sunkan.
    This is the same thing that i have questioned you about blogs member list so that we can read those written by our favourites and dont miss anything of them.

One more thing, it always says you cannot participate in the polls even though i am logged in. Even for those replies that you sent me "Ask Induslady" and you attached poll for attachement to PM.

Thanks
    Bala

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan, Janani, Bala,

Yours concerns are genuine. You want a simplified system to keep track of your friends in IL. We are working on something along those lines, but thats a few months away.

For this thread, I would like to focus on the forum page and see whether it is to our members expectation. Can you three participate in the poll and give us feedback regarding the forum page? Any descriptive comments that you can give below regarding the forum page would also be very helpful. Thank you.

Again, I hear your expressed concerns regarding the friends system and we are working to do something about that. Thank you.

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I think you are asking about the Forum Tag in the top of the home page. I personally feel that it is much more cluttered and could be simplified. People who are used to it will not find any difficulty, but the newcomers will find it difficult to find the right sub-forum as there are a lots. The navigation could also be made easier.

Also if it is possible you could add a chat and friends online near our names. That could be in a separate side bar. Also if you could allow us to have our own customised forum page for people like me go to certain sub forums many times to some some times and to some forums never. So if we could customize it to our taste it will be better.This is my My 2cents.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I personally feel Forum Page is very cluttered and its very difficult for a new comer to navigate through the site...

Actually, forum page should jump to the category when we press the initial alphabet of that category. Say, If I am looking for something like "Snippets of life" I will punch 'Sn' and Lo!! I am there. Now I have to hit Express Cafe, then browse the sub-categories in Express Cafe, then hit Snippets of life when I am in the post or thread. I also personally feel, it should well categorized for easy navigation.

Thanks for calling us to pen our opinions.

8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I may be late to suggest, but this is lingering with me for long.

I find forum page as very archaic and old styled. I think it should be more bright and interactive.
    Few pointers

- It uses only 60% of screen space. rest two margins on both sides are just lying unused.
    - I miss spell check big time
    - Smilies need not be on right side of tab. They can be where we choose font , similar to yahoo chat typing.
    - I think we just have way too many forums and sub forums. We need to put them in simpler and lesser categories...