1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do we do to make our kid feel special everyday?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by attitudegirl, Aug 23, 2013.

1. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

As we get so busy with our hectic schedules and forget to enjoy basic things in life, do we forget to enjoy our kid's childhood while it lasts??

Pls share what u do with ur kid which u both enjoy?

*I hug my kids for a minute daily.. its almost like a routine.. I make it a point to hug them tightly just for a minute, and it does wonders..[​IMG]
    *when they go and come back from school, I hug and kiss them..[​IMG]
    *sometimes i indulge in pillow fight with them..
    *sometimes I talk some nonsense for which they laugh like hell..
    *I do role reversal where I become the kid and they become my mom..

Pls can anyone share some small tips which really make a differnce and is not taxing and time consuming, which will make their childhood more entertaining.. Small things in life make a big impact..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    15 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hugging is really therapeutic, not only for them but even for us. I also do this hugging almost every 30 mins when I am with her (19 months).

Another activity which she really likes is toss little balls in the sink. When I join her, she gets so happy!
    We also do nose fight which she really likes.

8 people like this.
  3. attitudegirl

yes, it is really destressing for us as well.. even my DD comes and does nose fight with me..

prob is, as long as they r toddlers its easy to shower our love (as is the case with my 2 year old) but when they start school and as the family grows from 2 to 5, its becomes more and more difficult (as is the case with my 9 n 8 year olds)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

i try to read her books, play with her, do some craft work, tell her stories at bed time.. and of course hugs and kisses..
    when i see videos like curious george, dora or umizoomi with her.. she enjoys my company

5 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

To make him feel special i praise him for his small achievements.It could be anything from taking his plate to kitchen after finishing his food to getting dressed up without my help or say doing homework on his own.

5 people like this.
  6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

My kids are little older( 17 & 12) so its little different for them.

I always talk to them about their day, at the end of the day I spend 30 mins or so with dd just chatting about our days and kissing her good night with I love you!!! I also tuck in sweet messages in dd's lunch box once in a while.

For my son I will joke with him, still say I love you to him, will make his favorite food and we talk about anything & everything!!!

Both of them know that they are special to me!!:)

9 people like this.
  7. attitudegirl

wow... u sound one gr8 mom to me... msgs in lunch box... im gonna follow that for sure.. fantastic idea

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Yes i'll use it too,but for my hubby :biggrin2:

6 people like this.
  9. attitudegirl

one more super idea... hehehe.. tomm hubby gonna be surprised... [​IMG]

im gonna start a thread in married section "how to make DH special"

4 people like this.
  10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

hmm interesting AG....

1.Hugs whenever she/he comes to me(Though DS is just 1 yr old, he could understand my love when I pamper him,he used to be very happy and starts cajoling me when I kiss/hug/talk in childish manner to him)
    2.Genuine appreciation for what she does(reading/writing/drawing/story telling)
    3.Top most is story telling.whenever she demands me to tell story, I would tell.She loves hearing story from me.Sometimes I create fictional stories of my own of her recent mistakes, and give a solution for it. Like, if she is nagging me all the time for chocolates, I will tell a story of a girl who eats chocalates all the time ended up in extracting tooth etc with all the masalas :shhh:). Sometime I ask her to tell me the story. I really love listening to her. I could understand how she grasp the things from my story when she recited back to me. Even she used to repeat exact words of what I told..its a fun time for us...
    4.Sometimes we do role plays like icecreamseller-buyer/student-techer :yes:..she loves these games very much..so whenever I am free I used to play with her...DS used to stare at us at that time...:)
    5.If she feels down, I use to entertain her by singing,dancing....
    6.Doing craft works along with her...

6 people like this.