What do we ask God ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 20, 2006.

1. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Beautiful Chitra

Hi Chitra,
    There is no words to say how I felt reading this....it is absolutely marvellous prayer. Self surrender is the important step to spirutuality. Every fraction of second we live is Gods given gift at HER mercy. What a miracle? How compassionate SHE is....I always refer God to MOTHER...not the wordly mother...but Jaganmaatha....HER ways are glorious....

Affly

Kalpana.:clap

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kalpana !

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed this posting.
    Yes, Divine Mother is the greatest Force & we bow to her in reverence & love.
    Every thursday, I post a topic - please stay tuned. You seem to be interested in these discussions.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Wonderful

Mrs.C,

I really admired this posting of yours. It is so true. When God gives us pain, then we always keep thinking of Him and the end result is that we become a stronger person. It may be an old posting but I just saw it now.

Thank U

4. Chitvish

Hello Radha v !

It is so nice to read a F B for something which I posted atlease 3 months back !
    We always complain about God when we encounter problems, ill health etc. Once we come out of it stronger & relieved, we forget to thank him & take his Grace for granted !
    Please go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394
    All the topics, so far posted are given in the index, incase you are interested.
    Thankyou, again, Radha !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

Re: Hello Meena Madam ( ofcourse not of my hometown) !

I just found this while broiwsing and for the last two days have been goofing off in office reading the contents of this site. In any case juts sharing - our great sages probably new only too well two things (a) we always have a laundry list to ask god and (b) if god comes before us, we would probably be spell bound and not know what to ask or where to start. Hence they scripted it for us in "Chamakam" which follows rudram and contains 300+ things. very well thought out.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

It is really great.... With a lot of message in that.... Happiness/sad/sorrow are all emotional things which we create to ourselves... It is not something which is given by GOD. We choose to be unhappy, get angry, sad etc... It is our own making.... My friend used to tell me in Nature even Death is not bad.... The end of one is the begining for something else..

But in day to day materialistic world, is it possible to be detached and thamarai elai mel thanniyaga irukka mudiyuma... I find it difficult to practice....

Veda

7. Chitvish

Dear Vysan,
    Thanks for your F B.
    It is not possible to be like "an island" in the ocean of humanity. My own personal theory is, accept people & situations as they are. Nobody, nothing is going to change for my sake. After I started practising this, I am more at peace with myself. Even with my own family, I follow "detached attachment" - ofcourse choicelessly, goes without saying !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Chithra madam

So very well said...lately I was asking questions to my self as to I believe and pray to god more..not only during tough tiems but I also thank him during my happy times for giving me what he gave me..however I feel he is testing me more and more...though I beleive that god is there to take care of us..but some where that thought of fear ..fear of future keeps asking me "why ME" question...why me when I beleive in god so much...why test me? why give me pain etc..etc..might be god wants to see me grow to be tougher

9. Chitvish

Dear SV,
    Instead of asking the question 'why me', it is better to ask ourselves, 'why not me'!
    Please remember only the Law of Karma has answers to all our queries to ourselves. Besides, instead of anything else to ask, pray to God to give you strength of mind to go through & emerge successfully from all trials and tribulations in life.
    More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
    Wishing you the best in life,
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you chithra madam for your encouraging & supporting words...