1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did you wear(new/regular) today?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by SupriyaDinesh, Dec 12, 2007.

1. mahika

mahika Bronze IL'ite

did you wear kurti to work
    here are some tips to dress professiponally
    Dressing up professionally (tips especially for women who work in USA in IT).
    People will take you seriously if you are dressed professionally .It is your way of Presenting your self which makes the first impact on any one .Your work and skills make impact after some time .
    (Believe me or not I have seen many Indian women wearing these so I thought of writing it here .With no offence to any one Please .I thought may be sometimes we are ignorant of the work culture in other countries )

1. Always wear Clean and well ironed clothes. Try to look clean and professional.
    2. Avoid wearing bright colors like magenta, bright green etc
    3. Absolutely no kurtis (NO BRIGHT KURTIS WITH EMBROIDERY AND ZARIS), unless it is a casual work environment or dress down Fridays.
    4. No “dinchak” jewelry .This includes (Bangles especially of glass, metal), highly beaded jewelry which are meant to be worn for parties,Beaded Earrings which look like bunch of Grapes hanging from your ears, long chandeliers earrings, long diamond earrings, Yellow gold necklaces (haars), chokers etc.
    The rule of thumb for jewelry is it should be classy and minimally distracting.
    5.Shoes should be clean and polished .no flipflops, no sandals ,and NO SANDALS WITH CONTRAST SOCKS PLEASE .
    6.NO HAIR OIL please ,You may not realize but people in USA are very sensitive to odours and even if you put 2 drops of oil it has odour.
    7.No slouchy bags or purses
    8. For women who wear bindis ,put uni-colour bindis and absouletly NO DECORATIVE bindis with diamond and beads .
    9 If you are wearing a skirt Please wear a sheer panty hose .
    10 .Dont wear too loose shirt or trousers ,I have seen women with size medium wearing large shirts it really looks bad .

2. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

Hi Supriya, today I had a chance to wear my red garden saree which my mom gifted me for my birthday. I never had much chance to wear it out but i decided today it was going to b and took a lot of time to find some matching fashion jewellery that i had bought for Christmas and i think it made my day today. regards, Jessica

3. Jessica.sharon

Hello Supriya i am at home today and thought i would just log n to see if your thread has been updated by any one and i think many dont reply after a day or two. I am in my black cotton ankle length nighty today as i am at home. Hope u ladies can keep this tread going regularly, bye

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi supriya

very nice and intersting topic yaar..........and these are .my most fav topics .and i dont know anything connected to brain...........hahahah.........so u r most welcome with these topcis..........

iam wearing nighty only today ( and all the times)..........

But i v frequently get new clothes...almost salwars and kurtis..........

who in this earth dont expect compliments fromm other if they wear new dress.......then count me for the as first member in the list............i love to wear new dress..and i will definitely show that to my friends/ neighbours and to my cousins and sisters...........if they were not near to me....i will show them through webcam....even as material and after wearing it for the first time...........and even i will take snap of mine in the new dress.........:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::)..........

recently i got one cotton kurti in fountain plaza........ and my friends told.it looks really nice for me.........and got beautiful bangles, bracelets and beautiful hanging earings also.........and got lot of compliments for that also even from IL friends like shanvy, meena .......

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

VS tank top and short....

6. Jessica.sharon

Hi Supriya, I just got up from bed and though i would post a small reply before i get ready for work. I am right now wearing my red flowered nighty and also a matching red inskirt under it. I am planning to wear a light turquoise colored salwar kameez with red duppatta and red pant today. Regards, Jessi

7. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi jessica,
    Its nice to c u r keen interest in sharing u r outfits.. thanks a lot.. today im wearing a chudithar..white and blue combination stitched from india.Since its cold a cardigan above it.

8. SupriyaDinesh

Hey latamurli,
    U too in nighty gang.. thats fine.. but may i know y ?thanks for sharing u r dress collections..

9. SupriyaDinesh

hi nandu,
    lighty dressed in a windy day..im all covered..with wool.. BTW im not able to guess u r age..:idea ..just kidding..

10. SupriyaDinesh

Thank you meeta,preeti,ria and jaanu for u r time in sharing u r dress code.