1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did you feed your kid today?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by gayathriar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have a friend who wants to know if ragi kanji or the Mathura Mix cerals powder is good to give for a six month old baby??I remember giving my kids what my mother made at Home-Ragi powder kanji.They are now 10 and 14 years..So my memory is kind of weak.I need your experience to guide my friend who has a 6 month girl.How should thee ragi be mixed.Can I buy some Authentic pure Kanji powder here in chennai which is home made???I saw and bought this Mathura mix.Do u think that is good??How should I suggest they mix and give.
    Sumi

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Am here after so many months . :hiya

Here's what my daughter had today :

late b'fast [ at Ikea ] -- scrambled eggs, sausages.
    eve.snack -- butterscotch icecream, 1 small plum
    dinner -- rotis with potato subji, curd.

Nowadays she has started troubling for eating healthy & not at all interested in fruits :(

3. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

My 14 months baby's menu for today:

Breakfast : Scrambled egg and Bread with cheese..

Lunch: Rice & Fish curry

Dinner : Cerelac (Dates and wheat)

In between , will breast feed him... then curd, juice, biscuits, banana ,chocolate cake....

Regards,
    Ansu

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sumi

Though I am not giving my little one kanji now, I used to give my elder one home made ragi kanji after 6 months. My mom made them in two ways - one by sun drying the ragi milk( grinding and twisting the mass to extract milk ) and another one by roasting ragi and whole moong and grinding them. The way I used to feed was to cook a tablespoon of kanji powder in a cup of water stirring constantly and when cool, added expressed milk and fed.

Here's my menu from yesterday.

7:30 am : Guhan had milk and a bowl of pottukadalai. Adithya had yogurt, banana, cereal mixture
    11:30 am: Guhan had rasam rice with keerai and curd rice with poricha kuzhambu. Adithya had mashed softly cooked rice, dhal, carrot. Fed them both simultaneously.
    3 pm: Guhan had milk and grilled corn. Adithya was nursed and had teething buiscuit.
    7 pm: Guhan had upma and curd rice. Adithya was nursed on demand.

-Gayathri.

5. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

Thank you,Gayathri.My mom also had done these for my children.But,I have no clue who does these days...I wish I could send for this friend of mine,if someone in chennai makes these at home..
    Sumi

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,
    This is the menu for my DD
    Morning Milk
    Breakfast Half banana, peanuts and cheerios
    Lunch Mini dosa and tomato sauce
    Snacks Apples
    Dinner Planning to feed idlis and yogurt

7. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

My dear son who is 5 years old is picky in eating, I try different ways.. todays menu

Breakfast: Milk , 2 pieces of peaches and cereal, He doesn't like to mix cereal and milk, he wants to eat seperately and takes his own time for each which kills my time and his time for school.. what to do..:spin

Lunch: Mixed vegetables cooked with rice and seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and cashewes + apple sauce

Snack: given by after school club - cheetos + aplple juice

Dinner: Planning roti roll with potato + tomato curry

Sujatha.

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Sujatha, take comfort that you are not alone. My DS also likes to eat cereal and milk seperately :rant

Here's what my kids had yesterday:

7:30 - 8:00 am - Guhan had rasam rice with plantain kari washed down with milk. Adithya was nursed.
    9:00am - Adithya had banana
    11:30 am - Guhan mini oothappams with carrot and yogurt to dip. Adithya had yogurt mixed with cereal and pear puree at the baby sitter's place.
    4 pm: Guhan had nectrine slices and milk. Adithya had a few sips of apple juice
    6:30pm - Guhan had yogurt rice with pumpkin pieces from sambar and Adithya had mashed rice, dhal and broccoli.
    9 pm - Guhan had milk and Adithya was nursed to sleep.

-Gayathri.

9. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends

This thread seems to be wonderful !!!! Lots of ideas .. Great !!

I have a problem with my 10 mth old son . He takes 2 times Ragi porridge and one time cerlac /oats ( afternoon) .. I give Ragi porridge with Jaggery . Problem is he is not interested in taking anything other than this ,specially with salt . He refuses to take Rice /dosa/idli etc .. We went to India recently on vacation , he refused to take solids for abt a week , then he was into routine ( atleast 2 times solids ) , now iam back in dubai , again he is refusing solids .. Dont know what to do :spin

Please suggest on how to make him eat different varieties of food .

Thanks

10. nshree24

nshree24 New IL'ite

how to do carrot dosai,,,please teach me vandana