1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did you feed your kid today?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by gayathriar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,
    That is so funny. Were you able to try separate cups, bowls, plates and spoons for each time of the day?

2. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

dear vandhana,

your veg cutlet and thayir is a real innovative one
    shall try it out
    regards

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I had made a simple sambar with Onion, Tomato and lots of Thoor dal yesterday night. Both my kids had curd rice. Though it was not spicy as the onions were a bit large in size my daughter was not that much wanting of it, but my son wanted me to add it to his every spoonful and infact he emptied half the small cup which I had bought to give both the kids.

4. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

VOW good thread,

My son(2year 8months old) went to school today.He does not have breakfast regularly.Though it is to feed the dustbin,i don't giveup trying.Even a small piece of idli or bread ,iam happy.I packed seasoned cabbage-carrot rice ,steamed green peas and some grapes today!I should see how much he eats there.I get a clear report daily from his school about how much and what all he had there.Let's see!For dinner,going to give him spinach kootu rice,and tomato-Raisin rasam.

Cheers,
    Vaishu

5. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hi everyone,
    my 9 month baby used to eat whatever i gave him when he was around 6 months(steamed apple ,banana,cereal etc...)but now he eats only rice kitcherie&yogurt!!!:( he never says no to yogurt....even eats a bowl full if i give him!!!i am little worried that he has started showing preferences at this young age.....any ideas?

6. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi vidhu

well the child has its onw stage u knw...the baby wud b fine..but u try to give him all kinds of veg and fruits..get him used to everything so tht he is familiar with the taste...

today aarushi had dosa for breakfast and for lunch ti was rasam sadam and carrot and beans curry....

had a lil of yoghurt to finish it up..

lov
    sowmi

7. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidhu

Mine was very good until 9 months trying to taste whatever I gave him. I once gave him pureed plum when he was around that age and he made a funny face but finished it off. When I tried to taste why he made such a face, it was awfully sour. Even a person like me who can almost eat everything( veg, ofcourse ) could not have eaten that. But fast forward a few months, feeding was not as easy as it started :cry:. But, from my observation and experience, they keep switching what they like, so it is better to try a variety and see what they like most( right now, my kid likes cereal most ). Don't give up and keep trying and please do know there are more moms like you. This is what I have been feeding the past two days:

Breakfast: Dosai( dosais sandwiched with yogurt and cut into bite size pieces ), cereal and milk
    Lunch: Rasam rice with carrot kari and potato kari
    Dinner: curd rice, tomato dosai and yogurt.

Rajmi, I do consistently send breakfast and lunch in the same two bowls. At home, the bowl doesn't seem to matter as he is too busy to look at where I feed from.

-Gayathri.

1 person likes this.
  8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I made Pulav in the morning to pack for my daughter (She finished the entire tiffin box). Son too had it. Morning breakfast kanji. Evening tiffin Idly. For the night planning to make Rasam, and Potato curry(cut into small pieces).

1 person likes this.
  9. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

Prepared daal rice today and tomato-carrot soup.He had rice with that and he liked it.

vaishu

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Young Moms,
    Please go to
    Mashed Potatoes
    My children & later grandchildren just loved it.
    Love,
    Chithra.