1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did you feed your kid today?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by gayathriar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,
    You arrived at the right point.
    You keep trim running behind your child ! When the next stage comes, we start putting on weight !
    Even when I was running behind my grandchildren, the same thing happened. When they grew out of that stage, my excess weight problem started !
    You must thank Kavya for helping you look trim !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  2. reeja

reeja New IL'ite

hi I've a 32 months old son who drives me crazy at the table. He loves to watch tv and that's the perfect time to feed him. This is what the menu for today.s B'fast aloo paratha with tomato sauce
    Lunch veg noodles ,3 chicken nuggets
    dinner pizza and straberry yogurt
    Bye,
    Reeja:wave

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Yesterday's breakfast - bread toast with ghee and jam
    Lunch - rasam rice and cabbage sabji
    Snack - a handful of pottukadalai( to which he added water and made me eat the rest )
    Dinner - curd rice( courtesy squirrels, birds and a Pebble CD ) and milk.

M - Yes, even I get hungry after feeding( running around ) my kid - so the calories lost by running around is gained after I eat. It doesn't help much C :icon_frown: . How I envy the moms who can feed their kids neatly seated in a high chair.

-Gayathri.

4. Tagor

Tagor Guest

Thanx Gayathri !

It would be nice to get the composition. I can try it out at home since it wont be possible to get it from back home at the moment and it sounds really nutritional.

As for today b`fast was usual - cereals with milk, followed by a small fruit platter. Lunch - few grapes, an orange , a slice of cheese :-(........ (what a combination! - got tired of tryinh evereything else), dinner - curd rice with baigan sabzi.

:wave

1 person likes this.
  5. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

This is a wonderful thread, sure to help all the moms out here.I have a 3 yr old daughter. Today she had

Breakfast- one Pancake with honey
    Lunch - Rice with toor dhal & rasam and boiled carrots
    Dinner- Curd rice and potato
    Snacks- 2 slices of apple and 1/2 a banana and some norruku teeni

Love
    Shobana

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Today's breakfast - Rice Cereal with Gerber fruit puree (courtesy - my friend Jayasree, for I left Kavya with her to a Dr. appointment this morning). To my surprise, my friend told me she just sat in one place and had the bfast. She is all good to others, except me!

Lunch - Rice with moong dhal and boiled/mashed black-eyed peas

Dinner - Most probably Nestum

C,

Kavya is always on your good books. Believe me, I don't mind getting a little fat if only she is going to sit besides me and eat.

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

HI Gayathri

as promised here is my contribution to this thread...today my lil one got up had a cup of milk and again went back to sleep..so guess she wud get up onlu during lunch time..it is paruppu sadam and little thayir sadam for lunch..the veg portion is the vegetables i pick up frm my bisibelabath..a bit spicy and she likes it with the bland paruppu sadam.....whatever quantity of rice i give i try to make it as 2 courses...just for the reason tht children like variety......after her nap she usually has a fruit yoghurt and a fruit for tiffin time.....but arnd 5 i stop giving her anything else..and at 8 it wud b curd rice for sure...

as we r in dubai curd is a must for children....the heat is so much out here.....one thing i have noticed is..dun give the child junk food after u knw their food timings..when we do tht then the child refuses to have her regular food for the next meal..

lov
    sowmi.

8. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Hi ladies, this is a relly good thread. I have twins - boy and girl - and they have very, very different food preferences!:? For example, my boy likes pista and almond milk, she doesn't. She likes curd, he doesn't. She doesn't like dal and roti, he likes roti and dal. It is really a problem for me. They are 3 now and they take packlunch to day care.
    So today:
    Brakfast: milk (i try to give them other things but they want the milk in bed!)
    packlunch: rice with baked beans; aple; veggie soup. I'm sure the girl won't eat the beans!
    afternoon snack: fruit yogut
    dinner: veggie soup (in portugal we have that all the time) rice and tofu burgers

thanks

1 person likes this.
  9. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Yes Malathy, my kid is very good with the baby sitter, she says that he never troubles her and sits in one place and has lunch. Maybe, we should try swapping feeds with our friend's kids :wink: . Anamika - my plight is not much, when I think about your situation where your twins have differing food preferences, that too one hates the food and the other loves it.

This is what I have been feeding the past 3 days

Breakfast : Toast and jam, cereal with whole milk
    Lunch: Rasam rice with sabji
    Dinner: Dal roti and yogurt, rasam rice( as he had cold ), ven pongal with yogurt.

-Gayathri.

10. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Breakfast - Pancake with honey

Lunch - Spinach n mango dhal with rice + vendakai kari

Dinner - Curd rice and half chappati

Snacks - Orange juice, 2 slices of apple and a small cookie

Love
    Shobana