1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what changes did il relationship forum brought in you

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ushash, Mar 20, 2015.

1. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

hahahahaa, nope actually you girls made me to face my life in a different view :) now am ready to face my Inlaws and co-sis now :thankyou2:you girls should be more proud of yourselves hugsmiley you have solution to all the problems mostly ALL

Before coming to this forum I was not very clear about my future inlaw relationship, I was more negative :D even silly matters look like a raksha to me. After going to this forum I came to know, incidents happened in my life not even come under problem category when compare to other ladies problem. I understood now my to-be-mil is too good when compare to others.

And most important i should not give more importance to others thoughts. Now I am more clear in my point, whatever happens btw mil, co-sis or bil, at the end of the day I should leave it and move on. I should not take anything to my heart. Thats it :) simple :goodidea:

1 person likes this.
  2. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

I initially came to this forum for the Stories section. Posted 2 stories there.

Then started peeking into other forums and sub-forums.

Lately i have been using a lot of inputs from the relationship with in-laws sub-forum. Earlier i used to think - "Thank God! i don't have to use this forum. I have wonderful In-laws" But now ahem i don't have to explain.. :)

The best lesson i learned in this forum is to ignore, ignore and ignore.

Thanks to a lot of posters like @Yellowmango, @Rihana, @Sdiva20, @Laks01, @heron, @vanithasudhir, @sparkle, @satchi, @peartree, @SGBV, @gauridinesh, @docathome and many many more. (i know i am missing a lot of names)
    :thankyou2: once again!!!

8 people like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I regret that I wasn't a member of this wonderful forum during the peek problematic time of my (marriage) life. I somehow faced everything and bounced back with the support of my family members. However, I still regret the fact that, had I been a member here before, the whole scenario would have turned very different, that too in silence (without other's notice).

However, I am glad that I have a forum to vent... Specially vent about my near/dear people without having to worry about my real life reputation. This is something I was always missing. Even with real-life good friends, I had difficulties in sharing something very personal about me/us. I feared being judged, and disrespected of being myself, specially after having my initial marital problems.

No one, I repeat, no one knows the minutest details of my own marriage life, the issues and how I tackled other than IL forum members. Because I do vent a lot here.

This venting gives a lot of strength to face the problem. The different perspective, stories and suggestions by other members also open my eyes at various occasions where I choose to stay blind before.

Somehow, I have a very peaceful and happy (marriage) life now. I thank to all IL members who came out help me when I was in need. I always count on them during my dark times.

My sincere special thanks to @anitap who always stretched a lot to help me whenever I had serious problems. Many of us know that she is a gifted one liner, but whenever I post my problems in the past (2012) she sends me long PMs, explaining things from her perspectives, examples of her own family members etc..etc... somehow she opened my eyes at last. Since then, my vision is very bright and clear; thus I am confident I can handle any issues in life easily.

Also, this forum gives me a lot of courage and reputation. When a new poster tag your name as a good poster, or PM you when she is in trouble... it gives you a lot of self confidence. Thanks Lites for treating me always special here.

This forum also gave me some virtual friends, good living examples to follow, like @Yellowmango, @Laks09, @Guesshoo and so many others.

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou!.. @dsmenon ...and you my dear, Have a great pregnancy and happy parenting!!

2 people like this.
  5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Amen to that :). One day I turned to my bh and out of the blue said, I am so glad you are in my life. It was after reading thread after thread of insensitive uncaring husbands that made me realise how lucky I am. Of course I never told him all that.

6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Heron!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Your life lessons are my rules to live by, especially post-marriage!!

SimplelLife likes this.
  8. Avyaktha

Avyaktha New IL'ite

I regret the fact that i never knew this wonderful site before marriage to have more clear idea about different in-laws and their behaviors and married life.
    After following this site, I realized so many qualities of my husband and how lucky I'm.

blessings1010 likes this.