1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Challenges You During These Challenging Times?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dvl, Apr 30, 2021.

1. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

This pandemic has made life miserable for lives across the globe. There are people who have lost near ones, their jobs, forced to shift base, lost a source of income and have undergone innumerable difficulties. Also, there are others who have not suffered much, except for facing the hardships of staying indoors. And, there is yet another group of people who have tried to use this as an opportunity to learn something new, upgrade themselves, improve their relationship and made most of the situation.
    This thread is not to compare any one's experience with another. This is just to share the most challenging aspect of life that you have faced since the past one year. Do share...maybe someone else might give us a solution. If not we can atleast compare notes about how differently we handled a similar situation.

The floor is open.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Very early in the challenging times, there was a toilet paper shortage in the west.
    And now, such a lot of people in the west have adapted the water wash of the tush, with minimal use of the TP. It is a good adaptation. In western countries, we cannot talk about defecation, or anything else that happens at our private parts. Even in clinical vocabulary. So we beat around the bush even in TV commercials.

umaakumar and HariLakhera like this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Honestly I feel like my life would be very similar (minus the vacations). So i would face all these challenges I am facing right now. I have to say, still it has not killed my spirits yet. There were days and weeks of anxiety, but i bounced back to normal self most of the times. I am challenging myself to stay positive despite a lot of negative things going on.

dvl likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

And then there were some who hoarded essential commodities, medicines and even oxygen cylinders to make quick money. The share market made gains and and some rich become richer.
    Positive attitude indeed.
    As compared to the above, there many many times more kind hearted people, donors, doctors, nurses, front line workers who were silently doing their job.

Angela123 and dvl like this.
  5. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

And to add... we will or may not be in a same state of mind throughout. Our moods will oscillate. But the important thing is to come back to an optimistic state of mind. I have reduced my screen time (was following news too closely, seemed to cost my peace of mind).
    One thing that we all might face as a challenge is that we may wonder if this will come to an end at some point of time or will this kind of condition continue forever in future.