1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What can you not live without ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tubelight, Mar 13, 2010.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,,

Congrats,....so managed to come up with another humorous post.....:thumbsup

Really enjoyed reading the way you put things together in your mental Laundry List and scratched them off with the Red Pencil.....:rotfl

True all these Man invented luxuries( wow, eyelash curler indeed, what a luxurious way to spend/ waste time!) can be done without....but What about the God given Luxuries....can we do without them.....naw not even for a moment na .........rightly pointed out in your last statement, Love and Fresh Air....how can one survive without them....!?! :my2cents

And here we sit and spoil the God given luxuries with our man invented Luxuries and then scratch our heads trying to figure out HOW TO GO GREEN! and Save the Planet for future generation....ha ha....:rotfl

Wow, looks like your lead post had so much material to chew upon !:bowdown
    Keep us :rotfl:biglaugh

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Custard

I'm so glad that you decided to write a comment here ! I don't know why you think you are not good at commenting ! Since this is a networking site and not a magazine, its always nice to exchange thoughts and I appreciate your sharing your views.

I agree totally with you that the bottom drawers and attics are always full of unused things that are shut away either because we think they will be useful for "something, someday" or because we are plain lazy ! Better to give away while they are still useful to the needy.
    :thankyou2:

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Usha

I am glad that i could make you laugh and feel a bit more healthy after that medicine!:biggrin2:

I too believe that plants and flowers definitely make the earth a beautiful place to live in. I cannot think of living on some barren moon or mars !

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi

First Srama says her first grader tot is studying the distinction between Need and Want. Now you say your second grader is actually putting his learning to practice ! Wow! Kiss the little angel for me. I'm really glad that the world is passing into safe , responsible hands. God bless Generation Next !

Enjoy the tea and rasam, dear. There's a time to enjoy and a time to renounce. All in due course !

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kelly,

Very glad to note you liked the post.

"for the moment if I manage to comb my hair it would be good!!!
    :biglaughDont I know that feeling !!!

After reading that news bit about Theron, I came to know from those in the Beauty Business, that if there's no time to spare for sitting and curling the lashes, one can "peel and stick" ready- curled lashes it seems ! well, quite a lot of higher education I seem to have missed !

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sudha

I'm happy that you found something to chew upon in my post. This Chewing is one thing we all need to do in order not to become brain dead !( unfortunately, I spend more time on chewing of the other kind.)

And here we sit and spoil the God given luxuries with our man invented Luxuries and then scratch our heads trying to figure out HOW TO GO GREEN! and Save the Planet for future generation....ha ha....

Wow, thats profound dear !:thumbsup I am reminded of a famous Native American song :" Only After all the trees have vanished/ Only After all the ponds have been poisoned/ Only after all the fish are taken/ will you know that you cannot eat Money. "

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Wow TL......I just have to ask you where were you all these days? Yours snippets should be henceforth named as "Tubelight's words of Wisdom". :rotfl

You are a Gem...truly I mean it I am not just saying it to humor you. :-D

When I read your post, I started to think what I can't live without...and I started to make a list.......and it kept on growing...and growing.....and growing. What can I say I can't live without Pizza, my lipstick, tea in the morning, computer, my curlers no not eye curlers but hair curler...hehehe I know I know....pizza.... really come on you would think, no?.

But as you wrote we can pretty much live without any of the material things in our life...and at first I was thinking my sweetie DH, my parents but you are right love means all of them isn't it..........and ofcourse Air.

You are one heck of a girl you know....your sense of humor is awesome dear and I just have to say again...you are like a rare Gem. :thumbsup

Jaya

Jaya

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear TL,

A hilarious post. Great job:thumbsup! You know while seeing the title in the home page of IL, what i thought?

I guessed that was a thread started by someone asking for list of things that people cant live without. So as usual before starting to read, my mind started listing things:).

The first thing that flashed in my mind :idea is your husband's suggestion and your reply to that, in your previous post The Post That Wasn't ("that sometimes exasperates you, but that which you cannot live without ?”):rotfl

But I didn't expect you to be the author of this post. :hide:
    Great Coincidence!! Isn't it?

I enjoyed it TL:cheers

9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Tubelight,

Like Raba even I started listing things reading the title of your thread. You have written it in a comical way.. :rotfl I loved your post and also would like to read your other posts.

Keep going.... :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  10. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jaya !

:eek:mg:such gushing ! Thank you so very much, dear !

I'm glad the post provoked you into thinking about your Must Have list ! Pizza sure is addictive, but SO addictive ? !

Your FB gave me a GREAT lift, Jaya ! Thaley meley ondu butti hoo suridanthe aayithu !