What can You Make in 10 Minutes from Your Kitchen Right Now for Kids?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by hrastro, Dec 12, 2012.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

EACH one of you who has replied to this thread with your wonderful ideas deserve a medal for

"BEST KITCHEN MANAGER"

:cheers :clap
    :bowdown :thumbsup

A great compilation of ideas :)

2 people like this.
  2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:thankyou2:
    :thankyou2:​

Harhar BEST KITCHEN MANAGER AWARD WINNER Harhar

Happy to receive it from you dear sister, as I have received Appreciation from many who just drop in and feel satisfied with my Idiyappams as it suites chidlren, young, old and even sick feel better.

Thanks for the thread...

CONGRATS :)....

to other who partcipated and happy to learn from every sister...

1 person likes this.
  3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

All the replies are very informative.

Thanks as I learnt so many new instant recipes here.

Each and every minute spent on Indus ladies site is a learning session.

What will I do to feed a hungry eight year old kid?

1.First I will run my mixie jar with a cup of milk ,a cup of water ,two spoons of sugar along with any fruit present at home---apple,banana,suppotta.

If no fruits are there,I always store carrots in refrigerator.4 whistles of diced carrots (2 is enough )with one cashew and one cardamom in a small pressure cooker will do in the place of fruits.

This gives two cups of milk shake .Of course,the guests can't wait till cooling the milk shake.

[​IMG]

2.I always have roasted peanuts handy.I will roast them for a minute.Removing the skin is not necessary.Add the peanuts with finely chopped raw onions with half spoon chilly powder,one spoon gingelly oil and salt.

This would be a spicy ,filling snack.
    [​IMG]

3.Idli batter will be always there.I will make oothappams with carrots,onions,green chillies sprinkled over the dosas.

[​IMG]

4.Aachi masala bajji maavu is always in my pantry.I will make hot onion bajjis and serve them with coconut chutney.

[​IMG]

I keep Grated coconut in freezer.

5.A bowl of Chocos cornflakes with milk and cut fruits.

[​IMG]

6.Maggi noodles .

[​IMG]

7.I will fry brown aval,(always in stock )in a pressure pan.Will keep them aside.Caramelise a spoon of sugar.Add two cups of milk with aval and simmer for 10 minutes after keeping weight.

Then I will add sugar and serve in a bowl .Tasty payasam with a nice aroma .

[​IMG]

8.If there is rice,I will make scrambled eggs and mix the rice in it.

Egg fried rice.

[​IMG]

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kishoremommy, I always stock milk powder..so that with cold water will reduce the heat.. milk powder comes in handy for instant coconut barfi, chocolate barfi in mw.

and i loved the colorful display..

stock aval pori..and add to your peanut mixture..takes out the heat and also adds crunch..

2 people like this.
  5. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

I stock poha and puffed rice(murmure).

I do this with poha or puffed rice.

Finely chopped onions. In a pan, put little oil. add Mustard seeds, split urad dhal. Then add the chopped onions. I dip the puffed rice in water, (not soak), squeeze the water, so that puffed rice becomes soft, and then add to the onion when onions become transparent. Add little salt, chilli powder, garam masala. Thats it. Yummy item ready in 5 mins, my daughter just loves it. I do the same with poha also.

I stock besan as well. If paneer is available, paneer bujji, if not sometimes, I make bujjis with appalam as well.

With wheat flour, I add sugar, and sufficient water, soak for 5 mins, then make dosas. Tastes good

If I have idly batter, I do Kuzhi paniyaram (tamil word and sorry I dont' know exact word).

mituyadav, kishoremommy and hrastro like this.
  6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

kishoremommy - absolutely beautiful photos and thanx a ton for them!!! Wonderful ideas and great presentation too !!

Yes, we learn a lot from the wonderful ladies here :)

thanx kiranavvari for your ideas !!! Good idea with poha/murmure :)

I too love kuzhi paniyaram - called punaguntalu in telugu

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hrastro!

What a thread ma'm! No wonder it got nominated at once by Knbg to FP of the month. She knows what's good when she sees one, clever girl!

I have a big complaint though. You and all of those who have posted here have made me very very hungry. At the same time, I am also thankful for all of it can be prepared within 10mins!!!! Now that is what I wish, meals to die for at the snap of my finges. Okay, I have to prepare few things in advance and be a li'l more organized. But then, its jiffy going!:thumbsup

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

.....NVM ..my question was already answered.

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hrastro,

Great!

Many moms will give their children, their guests, and their children these recipes! While eating they will talk IL and this thread. Their children will remember and pass it on!!

You have influenced many families and generations with good taste (pun intended) by a single thread.

Lovely posts and pictures that followed.

Congrats to you for being nominated by Bhargavi for FP and appreciated by dear Kamla. I too join the queue to nominate.

5 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hrastro, thanks for a terrific thread. All the responses are so useful and will add variety to what we give our kids.

Does anyone know where to suggest for the thread to be made a sticky thread?

1 person likes this.