What are your plans for this Navratri!!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Sindhuja, Sep 5, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I would like to thank Corallux, Gayatri and Meeta for posting.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Ideas for golu,for Golu park etc

Dear Ladies
    I have been trying to find out why we keep kolu. I even asked here in this forum and have asked many ladies i know. However i decided to keep kolu this year first time . In the process i discovered the joy of planning with my family , everyones involvement, ideas frm my son ,my sons excitement inviting friends, cooking and serving food...
    the list is ofcourse enless. so this is probably the reason why.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Keeping Kolu

hi achitra,

I dont know if i am right or wrong. but i feel...the golu/arrangement of dolls is a representation of the durbaar of mother goddess. Infact in good old days, the mahishasura-mardhini..in the 9 avataars was depicted..

now with change of time, availability and other factors...the golu, the dolls in golu have changed....

But, i also like your explanation. all the best for your first one (am i right?).

happy navarathri.............

4. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

hi chitra,

You are absolutely right, and also some more to add. Those days no entertainment or recreation items like t.v, internet and so on.

1. entertainment purpose,

2.Strict time to do pooja, chanting slokhas.....other devotional works

3.Encouraging art and handicraft talents, {arranging parks or some other themes we can do along with God and Goddess dolls}

4. Opportunity for the children to sing songs, chanting slokhas,

5. Visiting friends houses, relatives houses,....vize versa

6.Business for dollmakers.

7. Chances to take dhals and grains.

8. Refreshing friendships .

9.Time to hear and watching dances and stories like dramas related "valli thirumanam,panchali sabatham.................."

I believe this also ..........to celebrate Navaratri and keeping kolu.

regards

SHREESUNDARAM

5. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=550 border=0><TD width=168>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi friends,[/FONT]

During this period i want to share some slogas with you
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DURGA DEVI SUKTHAM[/FONT]

<TD width=176><TD colSpan=3><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Om Namo devyey mahadevyey shivaayey satatam namaha ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Namaha prakruthyey bhadraayey niyathaaha pranathaha sma thaam !! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu vishnumaayethi shabditha ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Namasthasyey Namasthasyey Namasthasyey Namo Namaha !! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu chetane thya bhidheeyathey ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Namasthasyey Namasthasyey Namasthasyey Namo Namaha !! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu buddhirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu nidraarupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu kshudhraarupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu chaayaarupena samsthithaa ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu shaktirupena samsthithaa ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu thrishnaa rupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu kshaanthirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu jaathirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu lajjarupena samsthithaa ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu shaanthirupena samsthithaa ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu shraddhaarupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu kaanthirupena samsthithaa ![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]15 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu lakshmirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu vritthirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu smrithirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu dayaarupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu thrishtirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu maathrurupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Yaa devi sarvabhootheshu bhraanthirupena samsthithaa ! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22 Chithirupena yaa kritsnam yethadh vyaapya sthithaa jagath ! [/FONT]

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=622 border=0><TD width=130>
    regards

SHREESUNDARAM

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shreesundaram,

That was a beautiful piece of work, a good guide to people who do not know what "Durga Devi Sukhtam' is but is mentioned in all posts....
    God will bless you....

7. Anandchitra

Dear Shanthi
    I always enjoy reading your replies. Its nice to hear different points of view. yes this is my first time and i was writing based on experiences.
    totally agree with you and will let you know how it goes.

8. Anandchitra

Shreesundaram
    I absolutely enjoyed reading your reply. You have outlined in such an interesting manner and each line seems the correct one too. As I am getting ready ?? very slow progress, i think its true since it does become a family affair and its really nice. I think im late doing this as my son is 13 but better late than never. What do you think?

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chits,
    Your post of shlokas is very helpful for all devotees.