What are your plans for this Navratri!!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Sindhuja, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

2. Akbrat

Akbrat New IL'ite

Re: Golu padis in Home depot

Hello Pavithra

This is Aneeta from manchester UK and just joined this forum.
    Saw your post and I've been struggling to find golu dolls here in UK.
    Any suggestions on where I could get a dasavatharam set or something similar?

Thanks a lot! :)
    Aneeta

3. ammumama

ammumama New IL'ite

Re: Tips to make 'Navaratri Park or Zoo'

Hi

I have newly joined, give me idea how to build mountain like tirumala at home.

Tx
    Mekalal

4. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema,

Happy to know that you are interested to keep kolu. before God, there is no caste or creed. HE wants your pure heart only. You ask your mother and motherinlaws permission before you start the function. But if you start from this year, you should keep every year. you should not keep the dolls close for a long time. By the by where are you at Seattle? I am in Redmond. Thanks

5. amirthababu

amirthababu New IL'ite

Re: Golu bommaigal

hi vidya,

ya, it is a common belief that we do no keep aandi kolam murugan doll and sanyasa kola murugan pictures at home

amirtha

6. rkramadh

rkramadh New IL'ite

I live in the US but I love keeping dolls and inviting people. I have a son and I want him to know our Indian traditions. Despite being a teenager, he helps me a lot with all the festivals and he looks forwards to having people over. So for his sake, despite busy schedule at work, I do all the festivals and Dasara especially like in Mysore because that's where I was born. I love finding new small gifts for the ladies and children each year. I like decorating with new rangolis (with Kundan stones etc) that I bring from India whenever I visit, along with new dolls. Now I have so many dolls that having 5 steps doesn't seem enough space. If people in this forum could post some pics of their doll display (gollu, bombe whatever you call it) either from this year or past years, that would be inspiring for all of us. I will do the same from my previous years' display if others are interested.

7. shreeram

shreeram New IL'ite

hi,

Yes. We get foldable Golu Padi in India from Giri Trading Agency. i broguht one for myself. It is easy to assemble.

I would not know if you get it in US. Please check for the same in www.giritrading.com

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards
    Jayashree

8. prettyp

prettyp New IL'ite

We recently shifted to our new home in the same city as my inlaws. Can I also keep golu in my new home?

9. srivanirao

srivanirao Junior IL'ite

thank u for valuable information

10. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

hai everyone,
    give some ideas about how to make park,mountain...and share some themes and tips....