1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

1. light fantastic : by terry pratchett, i am a fan of terry pratchett, that about sums it ! fantastic !
    2. A man called ove: frederick blakman : wow! a heart warming story really, i think we all know a man like Ove and can actually relate to him
    3. The martian : andy weir : hmm... liked his DIY attitude, never say die approach but i think he was unbelievably optimistic...i mean come on...you cannot be stranded on mars alone with next spacecraft from earth due only after 4 years and bleak chances of survival , food and water can only last so many days, and u have to wear a space suit to go out or be inside the controlled environment of hab, and there is no anger, worry, desperation or despondency for the impending gloom.
    instead he cheerfully goes about overcoming one obstacle after the other with science ( okay i confess i didnt understand much of it) and with zero reference to the emotions. !

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I am glad to note that you could read such wonderful authors some pragmatic and few incredible.
    2. In the past, you might have had your valuable feedbacks posted in my thread or threads. This impelled me to look for your threads but there is no way to reach into the list via the profile.
    3. Those who read voraciously must be posting unforgettable posts and so how do I reach your threads now?
    Thanks and Regards.

gorgeous23 likes this.
  3. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

1. the subtle art of not giving a **** : by mark manson - cudnt finish it, too shallow and the word " **** " used atleast a thousand times or more i think. read it or not - i wont give a ****.
    2. a court of mist and fury - by sarah j maas- i dont know what came over me that i decided to read this book , i think her glass of throne, court of thrones and roses etc. have been a huge hit and she had 5 star reviews on goodreads, maybe that did that.
    but it is ridiculously written, and has graphic sexual descriptions , it was more like a trashy erotica, cudnt complete this either, as i read on i got more and more annoyed and just skimmed over the pages before finally putting it down.
    and they market it as young adult - i woudnt want my daughter to read it unless she is too old to decide for herself, not teenage anyway. nowhere do they mention it has explicit content. american marketing !!!
    and i seriously cant believe these series have been a bestseller. i mean really !! just check out social media and she is everywhere with fanfiction etc - she has an entire marketing department i think.

Rihana likes this.
  4. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

@ Thyagarajan sir
    thank you, but i dont know either !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame