1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are the silliest reasons for which you fight VERY OFTEN?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by maroon, Sep 22, 2010.

1. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

Fights about issues relating to in-laws are common in marriages. But how about the other fights over inconsequential matters?

For the past two weeks I am finding myself fighting with my DH for a few silly reasons repeatedly. I really cant say 'we' fight, because its me who gets irritated all the while and start it first and my DH moves away with a long face. I am at my wits end because no matter how much I try I end up fighting and then feeling miserable. Sometimes I feel like a nagging wife though I am a soft spoken person among friends and relatives. To top it all, these issues are carried to the bedroom which bothers me even more.

Some of the top reasons ...

1. DH has a really loud voice. Though my ears have been trained :rantto endure that decibel level, I go mad when he is not conscious about his volume in situations when he is supposed to - like in public, or in the balcony area (where neighbours can overhear), or while 'rendering' his romantic dialogues or 'not-for-kids' talks when our DD (who can understand everything) is around. So though his intentions are good I go wild and yell back. He would promise to take care of his volume but repeat the same over and over again. So this is a daily theme for our fights and I am losing my patience over this one.

2. When he is at home the TV has to be on. But what irks me is his choice of programmes when DD is around. He likes to watch movies or scenes from them but I have to constantly remind him to change the channel if there are inappropriate scenes or dialog. I expect that he is mature enough to not watch such programmes in the first place when DD is watching with him, or sense it in time and at least change the channel without me having to prompt him every time. Sometimes it would take more than a winking of eye and a few gestures from my end to make him understand to change the channel, that my DD will understand it first and tell "pappa.. mumma is asking you to change the channel":spin

3. DH argues with DD (who is 10 years old) as though they were a brother-sister rather than a father-daughter. I wish he were more mature in handling her and I constantly tell him that - which he will promise to do with all honesty. He will overdo it, trying to be really goody goody with her but then that would not last long and there he goes back to square one. So this is the next topic for which I fight with him.

These could sound like trivial issues but sometimes I lose my peace over them. Ladies can you relate to any of these? How do you handle such issues? What are the silliest of reasons which you guys fight about often?

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

hi maroon.

my hubby has a loud voice too.
    i don't mind if relatives, neighbours or ppl at the mall or restaurant hear him say caring and loving words to me. :)

but i get very angry if he scolds me or says something unpleasant slightly raising his voice at me when there are ppl around us. it's so embarrasing if they hear it especially our neighbours. of course he doesn't want anyone to hear us arguing or fighting but at times we get carried away with it that we don't realize we are talking too loud. so i'll be upset with him thinking others might have heard the nasty comments from him.

i get annoyed when the tv volume is high.
    fed up of telling him to decrease the volume that i do it for him now, rather than getting frustrated yelling at him everytime he watches tv and have a small fight for that and spoil our mood.

the list goes on like him not keeping the grill closed whenever he goes out to take something from his car. i make sure i close the grill even if i get out to the garage only for 2 seconds since worried of rats entering into our house. it happened once. im very scared of rats and you know what a pest they are. :rant

i need half a day to list down on the silly fights that we have.
    to make things short, im slowly developing myself to not take such small things seriously. there's more to life than fighting over these matters and spoiling the day especially on holidays. the holiday would be wasted.

have a nice day and lets see what the other readers have to share. :cheers

3. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread.

OMG!!! My hubby has a very loud voice. If he is talking to us, on his mobile or with the kids, he used to speak very loud. If he is talking on his mobile in the bed room, I usually go and close the door and come out. If he gets angry, he will not see the time at all. Even at 10.30 pm or 11.00 pm he shouts top of his voice. So many times we have told him.

The same thing TV volume. The room will be of size 10 x 10. The volume used to be too high. He will not mind even if the kids are sleeping. The same time, there should not be any noice if he is sleeping. I feel like kicking him off when he say anything. :rant

4. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    next time when he's sleeping, purposely increase the volume and when he angrily gets up, tell him this is how you or your kids feel when he does that. hahahahahahah

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

hi sadwife.... you are just speaking my mind dear. All that you have said seems so familiar to me :) you are right .......... these issues cost us our precious holidays. Some days I feel I am 'developed' to adjust but I lose my patience gradually and it becomes like a cycle.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  6. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

:rotflHi Deraj that was funny :rotfl

You know I sometimes become like his 'watchman' when he is talking on cell phone. The moment he goes to the balcony with his cell phone I will stand behind him and depending on his mood drag him inside and come:biglaugh

Ladies expecting more responses. What are your silly fights and how do you handle them? Any more loud voiced DHs:hiya?