What App Help Yiu Determine Scale You Are Singing, Playing Flute, Etc

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Mar 20, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

What free app can I download to determine the scale of my voice when I sing Sa Re Ga Ma Pha Dha Ni Sa

What about scale of Bansuri, ie bamboo flute.

the person in Amazon said it is A scale (23.5”), but what if they are misleading? I purchased Bansuri years ago.

Tagging @Gauri03

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are note recognizer (sometimes called note analyzer) apps available for both Android and iPhones/iPads. Theoretically they are supposed to be able to tell which note you are singing or playing on an instrument. I have never used one so I can't recommend any. Here's one for Android. Didn't see any comparable ones for iOS.

I highly recommend you find a teacher. This is what teachers are for. No app can substitute for the knowledge and experience of a good teacher. Mine is able to stop me mid-song and tell me exactly which note I messed up and where. If you are worried about cost, look for teachers based in India. Classes are conducted over Zoom and are very affordable. I know friends whose kids are learning dance, instruments, even vocals for as little as $20 per class.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

One day I hope to get Bansuri teacher.

Now I've been thrown into something scary!