1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What about Umrao Jaan?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kamla, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi folks,

I see that a lot of you are wondering how Don is going to fare. I saw the promos and Shah Rukh seems to have added a lot of dash to this role. It might work.

But I am personally impressed with Umrao Jaan's promos. Aishwarya looks ethereal. It will be very difficult to out do the previous Umrao Jaan, that director was a real artist in true sense and the film excelled in every department and fetched Rekha her national award. The songs were enchanting and are evergreen. Inspite of all this, if this is being remade, maybe this director too is really motivated with his subject. Let's see, I wish him all the luck. The songs of this new version are also quite melodius. I have been particularly impressed by the song 'agale janam me'. It is very soulful and full of pathos.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Saw it

Dear friends,

I saw the movie Umrao Jaan today with my daughters. All of us liked the movie. A great deal of pains have been taken to create an aesthetically beautiful movie. Aishwarya Rai has done justice to the role. She has expressed various emotions beautifully with her eyes and facial and body language. Every dance was a dream. The clothes and the old world ambience have been well portrayed. Each frame of the film looked like a painting. It was a refreshing break from the usual run of the mill movies of today. Worth seeing atleast once.

L, Kamla