1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What a selfish husband my friend has..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SR09, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Millions and may be billions of people are suffering today, not every one has a solution, some suffer due to spouse, some due to kids, some due to parents, some due to inlaws, relatives, neighbors, strangers, etc, the list is endless

However "Home" is where one finds solace and safety, but unfortunately that itself becomes a cause for misery, if one leaves behind such family a person will be much independent and happy

There was a quote written by a psychologist in our of the health magazines who does marriage counseling

"God give me strenght and courage for I am about to marry and would possibly be living with someone who would be biggest abuser/enemy in my life"

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Jaya,

I see my own co-ssiter suffering in her marriage. My BIL had some mental issues. I don't know what it is and I don't know when they have started also.
    Basically he house arrests his wife. While leaving to office he locks the front door and go .She never allowed to go her parents house and never allowed to talk any one else.
    My MIL lives there, so she has only other person is just my MIL.He earns pretty good money but never buy any things for his wife nor for his son. He is very penny pincher .I guess my MIL manages most of the house with her pension and I can't live in that house for a day.I believe as soon she is married and had a boy. Because of that reason she was unable to find ways to get out the house.
    My MIL had 3 sons. But my husband nor other BIL, they don't interfere. That guy is not small guy to do something. He is grown up man and works in central govt.
    He is not only that,I beleive he is very very bad person.I feel very sorry for my co-sister.No neighbours will talk to them and no relatives.He doesn't visit anyone .Imagine what kind of life will that be for her.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Priya my heart goes for your cousin sister, its slavery or jail without a crime, or can we say crime of getting married, a bubbly, happy go person can turn just opposite after marriage, to confine someone to home, not buying any thing for son and wife....I feel like looking up at the sky every now and then and ask God where are you?

4. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Priya, your BIL sounds like a basket case. So why is your sister still married to him?

Locking the front door to the house? Now that sounds psychotic and extemely insane. You know, it is against the fire code to lock people up without an exit. What happens if the house happens to go up in fire? How is your sister supposed to escape?

I think your sister should dump this psycho and get on with life. It sounds like nothing good will ever come out of that marriage. Aren't there women's rights groups or law enforcement people your sister can talk to? Because locking people up in houses is abuse and there is no way to sugarcoat such psychotic behaviour.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  5. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Rightly said...Priya, your cousin should indeed dump the guy and move on. I mean this is a horrible crime. Its better to be divorced than to live with such a man, naa?

Jaya

6. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

OMG,can he be called as human being,how can he be so cruel with his kids,atleast?:bonk is he insane or wht?

7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Oh how nice to spot a geordie in IL...LOL

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

This thread reminds me of that movie Sleeping with the Enemy.

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Silly behaviour of the husband and more silly of the wife to encourage this.
    As someone has pointed out, this will have adverse effect on the children and in their upbringing.
    Why to acquire all luxuries if u don't have a heart to enjoy with family. He should not have married at all, if he cannot see his family as part of himself.

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

You know what a woman should get as a wedding gift and husband training tool when they get married? A nice long whip LOL And the wife should carry it with her at all times whenever the husband acts up like an obstinate and inconsiderate ass, the wife should strip him naked and give him a few lashes with the whip. A few years of this practice, men will learn to behave properly and treat their wife with respect and consideration and not be an assh*** to their wives. And the wife should show no mency and be resolute when it comes to using the whip without any second thoughts.

Hearing some of the husband atrocity stories in this forum makes my blood pressure go up just reading it.