1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Welcoming the Monsoon..........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happy Monsoon to all my Snippet Ilites.

So atlast the rains have arrived, cooling everyone after the hot summers. I just love these rains. As At present I am in Belgaum the rains have started from yesterday morning and havn't stopped till today. It rains continuously here. Even last year a month or 2 I really enjoyed the rains as I had missed them in Egypt where it doesn't rain.
    But during the third month I started getting bored as couldn't go out much.:) But still love these rains. I remember the way I use to get wet in the rains when young but now prefer to just put my hands and get wet...hahaha but love to sit and watch the pouring water.

Yesterday evening was just enjoying the rains with molly and polly my pets(cockatiel birds) They too were enjoying singing looking at the birds. It was real heaven to see them singing and the water pouring and me with my cuppa of :coffee.
    I know many of you will come up now, Aruna why no bajiyas with the coffee in this pouring rains, but what I will do yaar when I am all alone at home no one else, just me and my lovely molly polly giving me company. You feel bored you know just to make it for yourself:)

My DH is enjoying Monsoon in Mumbai as it is raining there, he called me and was so excited telling me that it has started raining, you feel so nice to see the rains after so many years. Yes he is enjoying the rains after 5 years. He called me more then 3 times just to speak about rains. :biggrin2:

So my lovely friends do share what all you did this monsoon during the 1st shower of rains.
    And here are my pets for you.:crazy:biggrin2:

Attached Files:

6 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey aruna,

enjoy yourself.:) the smell of the first rains is something I love but you know ...here it rains almost everyday so lost the thrill of it now. :)
    so R singing to you " bheeghi bheeghi raatho mein.." or "rimjhim Gire sawan"
    on the phone ????

5 people like this.
  3. Arunarc

Dear Mindi
    Almost more then a month away na so might be missing:hide: so he is putting the blame on the rains to call and that too yesterday was sunday.:thumbsup

I know the rains in there, as there is no much mud around so you will never get that muddy smell......wow I just love that smell.

Thanks sweetie for the 1st FB.:)

1 person likes this.
  4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Loved the pic Aruna! your birdies are very cute. yes, you said it, nothing to beat sipping a coffee while watching the rain!

1 person likes this.
  5. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

Here waiting for the showers to pour in.........

I too love the mud smell..Nothing can beat the nature!!..

Some yummy and crispy pakoras with a cuppa coffee are the best ones during rainy season.........

2 people like this.
  6. Arunarc

CW and being under the blanket and being with all my lovely IL friends....[​IMG]
    See today becoz of the rains I just tuck my tail and got a bit busy in IL which I just love to be. otherwise someone or the other calls and I am out with them for shopping, or temple visit, something or the other is always there.

2 people like this.
  7. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

from yesterday its raining here, the mud smell, chill breeze with a cup of cofee and biscuits my monsoon has started.

This time i have cold so that i couldnt go out and get wet but, i will surely get wet when my DH is not around.

1 person likes this.
  8. Arunarc

Oh still no rains in Bangalore???? Most of the cities are pouring even in Belgaum the rains have started a week late.
    Yes Veena I was missing those pakoras yesterday. When I told my aunt about this missing pakoras she made today morning and sent it to me...you couldn't have it yesterday so have it with the morning coffee....hehehe

9. Arunarc

So Ramya you had coffee and biscuits that is really cool...
    You should have taken your DH too in the rains you would have enjoyed the more;-)
    Next time do try:)

1 person likes this.
  10. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

First one week i can enjoy the Mumbai Rains, afterwards I hate it ....
    All wet dark black mud around, spoiling the salwars and sarees.....
    The washed clothes smells a lot, becos no way to dry properly.
    All the greeny leafy vegetables, we have to wash wash to get rid of the dark mud.
    I hate to wear the rainny sandals..........
    I hate to wear the smelling dress ( BTW, how you people dry the washed clothes).
    The children will sneeze and get allergy colds..........Run to doctor.
    The buses / cars / ricksaws were struck in rain water.
    Specially Mumbai drainage is simply great........The Municipality opened up all the drainage holes in the road and we cannot see also due to the darkblack water. Once my friend fell inside but was lucky her uncle saved her, by pulling her out immediately. Oh no, all dirty things floats around.....
    But
    but
    but
    All this hates are NOW after being a mother.

Before,
    Used to enjoy all the rains and play in the dirty water and fall sick...............Knowing that parents + sisters + brothers were there to take care......to wash / dry / iron the dirty mud clothes........to take me to doctor.......to give garam soup ............to protect me from cold..........

now
    i Have to do all the above to my children,,,,,so i hate rain yaar...

3 people like this.