Welcome your comments for SBS here, friends!!

Discussion in 'Step-by-Step Photos of Chitvish Recipes!' started by Chitvish, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I've made the filling already. i don't have tomato ketchup (i don't buy at all, strange!!!) but yet the taste is all the same that i remember from my young days(!!!!)... it'll be my lunch for tomorrow's class:) i will not bake though.. i'll toast the bread slice with ghee and make as closed sandwich... yummy yum!!!

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha, with the basic recipe, you can play around however it suits you!! Being a smart cook, not a problem for you - I am fully aware :)

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    plannning to make mango ice cream today. This recipe you have given is a boon. The one with fresh cream has less calories as I use the non dairy cream from Viveka. The custard powder based ice cream used to feel very grainy, not at all creamy like commercial ones. But you have given a superb recipe, one can even start a business. I sent some to both my neighbours this time and both were impressed. My family is already impressed, I sent the first batch to them. I did not taste much then due to my sinus attack.
    Badam etc. needs the syrup, isn't it? I plan to make that syrup also, there is a recipe in Mallika Badrinath's book. I can't thank you enough.
    My only longing is- I miss two Vidhyas. One my friend- she would have tried all your recipes at once (she was such a cookery expert and I learnt about combos etc. from her) another is my younger sis- she was crazy about ice creams that she will have only that for all the meals of the day.

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Varloo.
    I have given the recipe for
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/3304-post14.html
    for cardamom-saffron syrup. You can try that also.It tastes excellent!!
    Well, Varloo, thank God that A is here right now, enjoying his vacation!! What else can I say??

5. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

madam,

not heard of paan ice cream, thanks for making me aware that such items are there....

:bonk
    sundari

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    thanks for the tips, I shall try that also.

7. Chitvish

SB, a guju friend gave me this as mukhwas ice cream. By mukhwas, they mean mouth freshener. She had all basic ingredients like sweet saunf, mita paste etc & made it herself.
    But I just bought paan ready, opened it & transferred as shown in the photo!!
    In get-togeter menus, you can see this - I made this for her friends.

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear chith
    Made MW tangy paneer pulao today.The taste is awesome!:thumbsup
    It was very simple to make and quick too.We totally loved it .:)

Regards
    Sowmya

9. Chitvish

Sowmya, I think you are quite excited with your new MW oven!! It serves me great because your FBs are so prompt :thumbsup

10. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

madam,

made choclate icecream and served it with hersheys choclate syrup. The ice cream was so soft and creamy. Infact i did not even use full cream millk just toned milk and did not add cream also.... the qty just doubled while beating

thanks

sundari bhaskar