Welcome your comments for SBS here, friends!!

Discussion in 'Step-by-Step Photos of Chitvish Recipes!' started by Chitvish, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear SB,
    thanks!!
    Brinjal & bhindi sabjis are endless!!Y day I discovered a new brinjal recipe, in one of my old recipe notes. Now I am so tempted to try it!! But how many to post????
    Now, I use only mini pan because work gets over fast!!

2. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Madam,

Your thread is our treasure trove of recipes which will remain forever. although you are just the two oldies :) and don't eat much, we sincerely appreciate your interest , effort and patience to try out new recipes and keep posting for our generations to come. Daily morning i log on to your thread with great anxiety to check on your new recipe post...

please continue trying new recipes and posting, someone will enjoy trying one recipe or the other.

regards

sundari bhaskar

3. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Dear C

I tried your tip for muffin and made a fresh batch on Friday.. and it was :thumbsup. All of them rose to the exact same height and shape.
    thanks for the tip.

and I tried bread rolls with 1 cup wheat flour. You were right - it was little dense. But the taste was superb. My DH was telling me the house smells like a bakery :crazy

and finally tried bourbon biscuits too :cheers. and it tasted absolutely great..

thank you for all these recipes.

And I see you have started ice creams.. I already told my DH - be ready for ice creams in the next few weeks :rotfl

4. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    All your bakeing FBs make me feel gratified!!
    Honestly the aroma of freshly 'baking" bread has to be experienced to believe it!!
    Though dense, if we eat the whole wheat flour bread from the health point of view, we get used to the dense texture!!
    Now I don't make regular maida bread at all.
    Bourbon biscuits is always a favourite:)
    Thanks a ton!

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Chitra maam!!!

I am still learning but I think I do like cooking and doing everything from scratch excites me :)
    when its a success.

Have had a good bit of fiasco's on my plate

Am just going to rant about my rasgulla fiasco in your other thread and ask for your feedback :hiya

6. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

waiting for mango ice cream with mango pulp to follow the choclate ice cream parade....:tongue.

Just wanted to ask you i have made pudina pulao couple of times it tastes very good and i strictly follow u r recipe, as you have mentioned it has full of pudina aroma by pinching the leaves and adding while cooking. The recipe never says anything for "karam" to be added other than cinnamon, cloves, shajeera. don't we need any green chilli , have u left it out by mistake or will the chilli mask the flavour of pudina in the pulao.
    Today for lunch i have made pudina pulao as per u r recipe and it taste good.

thanks

sundari bhaskar

7. Chitvish

Dear SB,
    Sweet mangoes have not yet arrived - hence I am waiting.
    If you want add minced green hillies to pudina pulao - it will be nice!

8. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Dear C

So last weekend it was tutti-fruiti bread. I made with 1 cup wheat flour instead of whole maida. It was awesome :cheers.

I wanted to take a photo but my cell phone battery died.. and by the time I could recharge it, most of the bread is gone :biglaugh. I am planning to try some other type of bread this weekend.

Weekend was DH's birthday. So baked a cake for him.. tried your chocolate cake and added coconut and pecan frosting. It was really good and moist.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/1781818-post1099.html

And finally lunch menu was CVVK (chinna vengayam vatha kuzhambu :)), tomato rasam, beans paruppu usili (made the usili on friday night and froze it), carrot salad,your super delicious pal payasam. :thumbsup

The payasam came out in beautiful pink color and my DH was asking if that was caramel payasam :)

Your Ice creams are very tempting. I think I will give it my first shot this weekend. :crazy

9. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    Great going!!
    The photo looks lovely!! Did you make the frosting or buy it??
    Yes, pink pal paysam very closely resembles caramel payasam!!
    Knowing your involvement in trying out things, I await your FB on ice creams!

10. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Dear C
    I made the frosting. I saw the recipe in a food blog where it mentioned this can be cooked on stove top.

not sure if I can post the link to that blog here..