Welcome Nov 2013 Moms :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by LLavanya, Mar 9, 2013.

1. vanivineela

vanivineela Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am a working to-be-mom. I usually prepare dal, rasam/sambar for my box. And Upma whenever I feel damn Hungry.
    May be u can soak chana overnight, boil them and fry them in oil, mustard seeds, red chillies n salt.
    This may be ur snacks, and as it is a dal, gives u proteins. Cut fruits like mangoes(available in this season), bananas, oranges keep it in a box and carry it to work. Eat whenever u feel hungry. But dont drink lots of juices as there is a chance to increase diabetes. U can drink coconut water. It is said that the baby will have good hair if u drink coconut water. I carry a bottle of coconut water on my way to work and keep drinking it throughout the day to keep myself hydrated.

I go to work in the mrng at around 9:30-10 AM and come bk by 6-6:30 PM.
    I am presently staying at a PG (recently shifted to blr, and looking out fr a houz). So I have a self cooking option.

Good Luck!!!

2 people like this.
  2. Stand4urself

Stand4urself Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanivineela,
    Thanks for your response. As I have to leave by 7:15, I feel really lazy to cook n pack:hide:. I mostly eat idly or dosa as they are easy to prepare sometimes I pack rice for lunch that too would be some podi rice or curd rice.
    After reading the details in baby center website, I was kinda feeling bad for not eating proper fruits and veggies. I decided to prepare a menu for a week and plan the fruits n veggies in the weekend so that I don’t run out of stock. Hopefully I stick to plan. So dhal is in my list and planning to soak all varieties of dhal this weekend and refrigerate/ sprout.
    I drink sweet lime and hubby is against mango as it generates heat. However if my parents come they will buy some for me.:)
    I was actually hunting to drink coconut water this week guess but there was no stock in office area nor near my place. Hope they get the stock soon.
    Oh my !staying in PG ? Staying at home, I feel very moody sometimes... lady how are you managing in a new place?

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Count me in... I am a working mom too, staying in PG makes me feel too bored at times; hence I spent most of my times at office, and then with internet/TV

I normally cook breakfast and it is mainly serials with milk. Sometimes I eat home made serials (powdered grams, sugar and milk) that is rich in protein.

At office, I get lunch and then pack dinner from the same canteen. Mainly it is rice with chicken, fish or egg and some veggs too. Dinner is also with similar curries, but mostly noodles or bread sort of items.

I eat lots of fruits and drink plenty of water. In between, I drink milk or tea.

May be due to work, I just do not feel the pregnancy hunger yet, it is just casual to me. Although I am not sure whether I am giving my little bean enough nutritional food.

I make sure, I get needful nutrition while at home during weekends. That's the only hope for the next couple of weeks till I go back to home on transfer.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Swapna on you you pregnancy. :)
    You can check with your doc on your cold & fever. They can guide you better. When your trouble goes continuous & intolerable, please approach the doc/midwife without hesitation.
    Take care of yourself!

Congrats Roop Amanju. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

Hi Stand 4 urself,
    Hope your dh is feeling better now!
    Enjoy watching your LO! Take care.

1 person likes this.
  5. vanivineela

What do I do... I dont have any other option... :-(
    I too dont feel lik cooking at times... I cut Keera into pieces and take it along with me. its actually heavy food..
    I wish I get a home soon..
    If you cant stick to ur diet plan, u can always have whatever is available, but make sure that it is either homemade or natural. But nod a bigg NOOOO to outside food.
    Drinking milk 2 times a day should make ur baby happy...(one time after waking up in the morning, and one time before bed). If you are unable to drink plain milk, add a powder named 'Ensure' in it. It tastes good..

Tomorrow being weekend, I need to completely rest at my PG. I wont even step out.

Wishing you a Happy Weekend!!!!!!

6. vanivineela

Hey,

how did u get that....thebump.com image in ur signature.. can u pls help me.. I would like to add it

7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

for all those ladies who run short at their times to prepare nutritious food, i will suggest to keep lots of pistachios with you. pistachios are very nutritious and give an ample amount of calories so you all wont feel hungry or lazy.
    also have dates and banana if you have no issues with blood sugar as these two are also a great source of energy.
    it is very essential for you all to eat well during this time so eat as you get time and avoid junk food completely.

take care ladies :)

1 person likes this.
  8. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am in the fourth month of pregnancy now. Expecting the second kid. :). Due on 2nd November
    Joined a bit late. Will keep in regular touch..

9. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

I am a working mom and i notice this very well that I am not taking care of my health. Being an IT professional with loads of work, i end up feeling bad that I am not giving importance to this pregnancy. I feel very negligent. Was super cautious about my health during the first pregnancy.
    I had GD during my first pregnancy. So gynaec asked me to monitor sugar level regularly. Checked the same ystd, and was shocked to see the result. It was 72 before food and 87 after food. Any idea what could cause this low levels???

10. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

may be irregular meals and skipping meals can be the reason..to have a good sugar levels one should eat every 2 hours in small quantities...