1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

weight gain food for toddy's

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by breeze01, Sep 25, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

my kid eat okay on some days other days he just gave us so hard time.. but we do take lot of time to feed him... he has cold last couple of weeks back didn't eat properly for couple of days... and after the cold is gone he doesn't like to eat no curd rice..every day I am mixing it and its going in trash so finally I stop giving him curd rice from 4,5 days just trying to make him just eat little rice with curry.. and I see that he lost some weight in these mean time...after cold he doesn't like to eat rice much so I am just giving him only small amount.. I did give him Campbell soup when he had cold I don't know if he want to eat that. I myself am getting tired of giving him rice everyday are there any easy alternatives to fix him so he can eat with no fuss....

he is not that much of foodie but okay.. I like to know what are the weight gaining food for kids.... I am not trying to make him chubby I just want him to be okay weight as he doesn't weight much at birth so from the beginning I was concerned about his weight...please all give me some food items that helps withweight gain.. I do give him banana one or two a time if time permits I do add ghee to his rice.. what else can I give him..... pleas suggest me what all you give to your toddler... bfast morning time he just want to past for an hour then only he starts to eat by which time will be 11 or some before he finish his bfast.... morning I do give him pediasure....pass me your suggestions.....

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

he is 18 months... i work full time.. my mom takes care of him on weekdays, weekends i will be with him.. thanks for the link i will check that.

i do like to prepare but i am not getting the ideas...will see how this link helps me out..

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

did anyone give their toddler almond milk or almond butter... I heard about almond butter but I don't know how good it is so just want to know..

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Almond butter is almost like nutella/peanut butter etc. Its normally used as a dip or a spread. Not sure if you want to introduced at 18 months though.

1 person likes this.
  6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have given my DD almond milk, hazelnut milk and rice milk. These are all low in calories so unless you are worried about cows milk allergy it is not super nutritious to be given to toddlers. It is better to give the nuts as-is or make a powder and mix it with regular milk.

1 person likes this.
  7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i am just thinking about it i didnt even taste it.. just checking if anyone had tried..will try it for myself and see.. thanks for reply..

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

his ped said if i want i can try almond milk i did try couple of times he didnt like it that much yes its low in calories thatsy i stop it and also he didnt like it much... i do give him pediasure one or two times a day... nuts he do eat cashews but not almonds yet... thanks for reply..

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Breeze, when my DD was suffering from weight gain issues, avocados helped a lot. Its very rich and really good for health in general. If he refuses plain avocado, you can add 1/2 avocado+half ripe mango. Its yummy!

10. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i willl try that.... i did give him earlier just avacado he ate little..

1 person likes this.