1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend playgroup around Sterling VA?

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by sindhup, Oct 5, 2008.

1. sindhup

sindhup New IL'ite

Hello all,

My name is Sindhu and I have a 3 year old son who is very active. I wanted to see if any other mommies with kids around the same age would be interested in meeting at local parks or malls during weekends? I work FT, so my son goes to daycare, but it gets a little boring during weekends and I would love for him to mingle and play with kids his age. (Currently most weekend activities are chores like cooking, shopping and & laundry and I'm worried he's getting bored. Don't want him watching TV or computer for too long either)

Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing from you!

2. shrutigadkari

shrutigadkari New IL'ite

Hi

My name is Shruti.. Im new to this forum. I live in Ashburn but we go to the Dulles Mall play area on weekends. I have 2 sons..elder one is 3 and younger 1 yr old. let me know if u interested in having a play date. My kids get bored too.. keep watching TV the whole day or play computer games. Im looking to take them out more often. Im a stay-at-home-mom here..originally from Mumbai.

3. krv2009

krv2009 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

I live near south riding and have a 15 month old son. I am a tamilian from Mumbai. If you are still interested (since this was posted in Aug last year) I would love to meet up with you.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Shruti/krv2009,

I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. I would like to meet with other moms with kids (mall or park or any other play area)

Let me know if any of you are interested....

5. krv2009

krv2009 New IL'ite

Sure. How about next week on Thursday? 11:30 am works for me since my son naps in the morning and evening.

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hey, weekdays don't work since I work :-( Anytime during weekends works for me - my 4 year old does not nap on weekends :) Let me know if you are interested to meet up on a weekend

7. shwetajain

shwetajain New IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is 6, and I work FT too, I would be interested in weekend play groups. I am from Delhi.

8. krv2009

krv2009 New IL'ite

Hi Pavarun,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was extremely busy the last few weeks and my son was teething. No fun...

Sure I would love to meet up in the dulles town center mall. Shall we plan to meet this saturday at 11
    ;30 am?

9. jyosat

jyosat New IL'ite

Hi all -

:hiyaI have a 4yr old son for whom I'm looking for company too. I would like to join with my son, pl let me know...Thanks:)

-Jyothi