1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear K2S,

//but never say "Sorry to be a weed".But the most admirable fact about them is their ability to adapt//

I Liked these lines very much. Wonderful post :cheers

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sri mole,

logging in after a long time and so many posts I seem to have missed..and each topic is more abstract than the other..good going girl:thumbsup i could see your garden through your post..Hope you have all the GODS visiting you always.:)

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear K2S,

Beautiful post. Rightly deserve to be in the FP nominated list :thumbsup.

Loved your informative piece about uses of weeds and the flourishing nature of these unwanted ones.

I wish those weeds make way for all the goodness and wealth to enter your abode soon.

Similarly lets get rid of the unwanted weeds in our mind which would otherwise flood out the useful thoughts in us .

Bye

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear knot2,
    A thought provoking post.From the weed out side, you have dealt with the "weed"in the mind.
    Lakshmi resides in those who uphold virtue, righteousness and truth. Lakshmi forsakes those who give up good conduct.This is the general belief.So the " weed" in our thoughts and mind should be removed so that our home can become the abode of GoddessLakshmi.
    The fallowing words are believed to be the words of Goddess Lakshmi .
    "
    [SIZE=+1] I bless those who have conquered anger, people who are not envious, those who take pity on others in difficulties and help them. I do not approach lazy, short-tempered and ambitious people. I stay away from people whose houses are not clean, and who are lazy. I love people who are clean, virtuous and hard-working.[/SIZE]"So the weeds from our mind and thoughts should be demolished.
    The key to effective and quick weed control is to eradicate the weeds while they are still small. You will quickly learn by your own experience, which seedlings will grow into weeds. Once you know what to look for, it will just take a quick glance around the garden to spot an area that needs attention. As you go about your other gardening tasks, keep a cultivator handy, and if you spot a weed, take a second to "nip it in the bud"..... before it spreads.
    As you gain control over the weeds, your other plants will gain the benefit of the light and the nutrients which the weeds were taking. Your plants will gain a new vigor, and their healthy new growth will help to choke out future weeds before they get a chance to grow.
    By following good, basic gardening practices, most weeds can be successfully and easily controlled. Regular cultivation, the use of mulches, and a watchful eye will help to keep your garden healthy and beautiful for years to come. Like that if you have control over you, you can eradicate the " unnecessary thoughts from you and can become mentally healthy person.
    In the garden of our minds, weeds are the habitual patterns we perpetuate unintentionally, which choke out the new ways we are trying to cultivate. It is the nature of weeds to try to take over, as it is the nature of old ingrained patterns to rise up again and again. So we need to pay attention, and take care of the weedy stuff as soon as we can, to make space for the new. Sorry for the long feed back.
    with love
    pad

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Senior, A warm welcome to the post. Been a while since we saw you here and Kamalji has been missing you too. What you had achieved during school days is much more worth mentioning than mine. I am just trying to follow the seniors!! Thank you for appreciating.

Thank you so much Raba dear for being here and great to know that you enjoyed the post. Don't get any "weedy" ideas from me ok?

Mindi dear, I am assuming you are talking about my posts that seem more and more abstract with time. You are right. Senility casting its shadow maybe :). Possibly its better that I stay quiet in a corner..hahahaa! Thank you for your well wishes dear and really my prayers for Her blessings to all of us.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Saraswati, Very glad to see you here and thank you! Feels good to know when something gets appreciated by many and of course when it comes from the elite, then what more can I ask for! Good weedy wishes to you too from me. Yes, lets remove the unwanted weeds from our garden and mind.

Dear Sri uncle, Silence has finally been broken, the golden words have been uttered and I hope you have read the comments too from our one and only Doctor Padmini!!! I don't think anybody can beat that and have to say that IL feels complete now. The most fondly sought feedbacks that are a delight to read, very practical, so informative and humorous at times are Kamalji's, your's and our dear Dr. Padmini's. I can't stop myself from proclaiming that I am totally ecstatic at this achievement.

Dearest Pad ma, We missed you and very thrilled to see you back. Your comments seem to complete it for me. Very aptly said about controlling the weeds in our mind and nipping them when they are buds. Goddess' words are so clear and simple. No way to misinterpret them or not understand them. Its either Her way or the highway! I will work very sincerely to de-weed myself of unwanted weeds in my mind. Thank you so much and appreciate your views and explanation.

7. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Hey dear, these lines in the post touched me greatly !!!

"They like to be part of the family of plants around and so they dress themselves up to look very convincingly like the rest."

However convincingly the weed manages to weave itself in a beautiful garden, it is still thrown away as a weed. It is a pity some of our lives fall into this category - you are given the boot if you don't belong :(( But why concentrate on something so sombre a thought, let me instead think about cleaning the entrance of my place........er, shouldn't the Goddess find the double garaged entry door more spacious??? Sigh, sigh.......I am quite under-nourished as well, wouldn't mind having a healthy dose of vitamin M to pep me up :))

Nice one dear........I am glad you are finding the time to write lately !!!

Hugs,
    Suja

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You are right K2S.
    Whether Goddess Lakshmi comes through our entrance or not...surely, when we keep our inside and outside house clean..peace prevails.
    Same way with the cleaning inside and outside of us.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/poems-and-poets-place/26595-be-like-a-weed.html

Not in a wonderful way like yours, these are the thoughts that went through me..longtime ago.
    Let us be like a weed and learn from it...
    We have so many things to learn from nature, from the people we meet, from everything we see or feel.

sriniketan

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear knot 2,
    You made my day. I am now in cloud nine by reading your appreciating words. I think you really meant it:)!!!! You do have a great heart to appreciate others. I feel so thrilled and my responsibility has increased:). Thank you dear!
    with love
    pad

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dearie Suja, Shouldn't a double garage door entry be more spacious?? :) That's exactly my point too! Hope you have started work on the clean up. We all get the sentence that a weed gets. Misfit or fullfit the result is the same. Whatever that duration we have, lets try to be resilient like them. As for making time to write, well I don't make time da. When I sit calmly with the intention of writing it does not work. Its like some of those old TVs at home. Normally it does not switch on but a hit here and hit there sometimes jerks the connections and it works!...Don't wonder what it is that I need to be hit with ...hehehe....Thank you ever so much for appreciating.

Dear Sri, Firstly very pleased to see that we think alike, although a bit jet lagged in time frame. I am possibly catching up with you in all ways :). Your poems says exactly what I tried rambling in my post. I was accussed of trying to emulate Pad ma :) but I think I might be trying to emulate you!! Thank you very much for the visit and yes nature is a big teacher.

Dear Pad ma, I did mean it sincerely. Once again good to see you back.