1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"weed" Culture In Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Oct 13, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Was talking to a friend in Bangalore today and her daughter studies in one of the prestigious university.She claims smoking weed is really common these days in Bangalore.It shocked me!i heard of drug culture in america (no idea how true it is)but scared to know this culture is now even prevalent back in our country..very scared!the pathway some of the current generation is treading...

Just wanted to share...

vaidehi71 and KashmirFlower like this.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Weed is very prevalent in Bangalore and so are other drugs. I think I said it before in one of the threads.Teenagers In India Vs Teenagers In Usa ???
    Weed again is the gateway to other drugs in Bangalore or in the US.
    I myself am very proud to say I have never done any kind of drug nor do I have any inclination to do. Can't say the same for my DH. He said he has smoked weed when he was doing MS, hasn't tried after that. So has my cousin and her bf (US) other cousins in India too.

I have been told that children as early as in middle schools are exposed to weed in the US (no exception of private or public schools)
    When I heard this I wasn't married and yet it scared me that I would be in a country where weed is accessible like candies.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    sindmani, momsky, guesshoo and 2 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This is so scary!
    Now it is prevalent in Bangalore too!is there any safe place to raise kids?We are try our best to teach kids good but rest is up to fate

4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I think we have to start talking about it in the household and tell children weed or drugs are bad. That's the way I see it.
    If we ignore that there is weed/ drug usage in school... our children may sneak behind our back or do it with friends.
    I belive educating them and saying it is bad repeatedly should make a difference....maybe?

IniyaaSri, sindmani, momsky and 2 others like this.
  5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

They say that the same boiling water used to harden the eggs, also softens the potatoes.
    Its what is in us that makes the difference.
    Am sure if kids are taught whats good and whats not and in such a way that it is imprinted intheir minds - it helps to some extent.

6. shubha1987

shubha1987 New IL'ite

Yes it's prevalent in bangalore