1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding Night jitters !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

Do u mean the night we got married??? If so:
    1. Me...I broke the ice. There was no ice so to speak. I just stormed in and told him that they had stuck a million hair pins on my head and that we might need a magnet to take it all out!
    2. We spoke for a looooooong time! We kept saying what a disaster the wedding was and that we should have eloped when we had the chance. Also we were wondering how we would survive the reception and other ceremonies! The only action was taking off the horrid hair pins from my hair and counting it!! Then he helped me take off all the heavy Jewellery...We also started planning our honeymoon...
    3. We slept peacefully after all the talking...we both had strict instructions to wake up by 5 am to help with the reception
    4. Dh's aunt and cousin kept harassing me so I went and stood close to fil so they would leave me alone...so dh and I stood far apart...other than that it was ok
    5 we were in pils house.

2. jellyjoop

jellyjoop Bronze IL'ite

1. Dh broke the ice....asking me if i was comfortable. It was an arranged marriage and we had 3 month courtship.

2. Nothing happened on the wedding night. I was too tired to even talk to him and i told him so and went to sleep. I didnt even know what time he slept :p

3. We went to our room around 10pm. My inlaws were in the next room..so i was quite nervous and didnt want to make even the slightest noise. We spoke for few mins and i slept peacefully. No action at all. My husband makes fun of me even today that i was the one snoring on the wedding night :) Woke up at 6am while my dh woke up by 8.

4. Actually, few weeks before my wedding, my cousin had got married and it so happened that their marriage was not consummated and just before my own wedding, my cousins husband came out of the closet saying he was gay and married due to parental pressure. The whole family was devastated and were extremely concerned about my own wedding night. My family and relatives of my side of the family had gone back to their home and were due to come for lunch to my inlaws house on the day after the wedding. My mom sent one of my cousins to ask me subtly if all was well. I said nothing happened...she probed if we kissed or if any pre-action atleast happened...and i said nothing happened. We just spoke and went to sleep. She dutifully went and reported to my mom. My mom couldnt find time to talk to me alone although she tried a lot. I wasnt aware of this concern and we went for our honeymoon the same day to Andamans. We were enjoying ourselves (although no action - just preaction now and then) and we called our parents. My mom asked me directly if all went well... I said till then nothing happened...that was enough for my parents to start worrying and then finally it happened on the 6th day after our wedding during our honeymoon. It just happened...no planning ...no nervousness...nothing. Finally when i came back after blissfull 20 days, my mom had to just look at me know that all waz well ;)
    5. The wedding night was in my pils house...my mil insisted that it had to be there... although we both wanted it in a hotel.

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

srajitha,

Are you 100 percent sure that your MIL did not apply the dog powder intentionally?

4. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Good question Minion , I am not sure if it happened accidentally or intentionally but it definitely left a funny memory in my life book :)

5. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

wow what a nice thought out thread!!

6. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

We are relatives and we knew each other before. So We were not nervous. There was no need to break any ice.

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?

As a custom, We had to share hot milk with him from the same cup. ( Yes. We let it in the traditional way ). We were very tired. We talked about the marriage day etc.. Don't remember who slept first.. There was not even Starters..Unfortunately No Main course ...hence no desert too.. :)

We had starters from second day and ''successful'' having first full course dinner at Coconut Lagoon, Kumarakom on the second week ...

3.How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep ?

We slept in no time..no regrets about it..

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?

We both are serious personalities..So no such questions from anyone...

5.Where did the wedding night take place ?

At DH's house..

1 person likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?
    We knew each other for about 4 years before marriage, and we were in a very intimate relationship before. So, there was nothing like ice breaker. We were tired, and started from that moment so casually.
    2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?
    We were talking and talking a lot about our wedding, and how it all took twists at the last moment and who was responsible and what.. while driving towards our honeymoon resort. Then somehow our common friend (the one who drove us) had to stop us at some point and reminded us that it is our wedding day---night. The main action as a married couple happened somewhere on that mid-night (very early morning around 1 am or so) after we had a sound sleep that night.

Both slept because we were extremely drained out both physically and mentally after organizing both Hindu and Christian marriages on the same day, all by ourselves.

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    Faced the family only after a week when we returned from the honeymoon straight to another hotel where our home coming reception was organized. Nothing special to remember because as usual we were late, and the make-up lady was rushing and guest were coming and everything started as planned. So no one even remember that we were coming from our honeymoon.

In a 7 star hotel which is booked for honeymoon purpose. So it had special arrangements during our stay. It was wonderful... Further, we still use to visit that particular resort and possibly the same room every year on our wedding day. Except for the 2nd year we managed to do it every time so far.

2 people like this.
  8. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Very nice thread. Made me go back in time and visualize what happened that day..

When we got alone on the wedding night, I started to take off the wedding hairstyle/jewelry. Dh was already lying on bed with changed clothes. There was really no ice to break ;) We started talking casually about the long wedding day. ( don't remember how the conversation started) We had courtship of 9 months. We have got few private moments in that time. I think first time i slept over at his home (not in his room)before wedding, i was much more conscious than our wedding night. By wedding night, we were used to sleep under one roof really..

It took me good 15-20 mins to get out of wedding stuff. Once i got into bed, no talking besides i love yous and things like that.. We did prelims only.. and went to sleep with happy face in each others arms.. :p
    We slept in few mins ..see above^ it was past 1 am. We could have done the whole thing ( i think that initial excitement takes exhaustion away.. although the day is very long and hectic) But i didnt think i was ready for it.. so we stopped at prelims

I woke up, got ready and went to kitchen. My mil saw me then and stared at me in my eyes. I gave her a big smile .. i still cant believe i did that.. ;) she didnt react to it.. but i was laughing hard when i was alone..

we had a rental flat in the same building as my dh's home in india. We stayed there during nights while in india.. We didnt have the whole thing till a month after we got married. (we did lot of prelims till then.. ;) ) It was in our bedroom at home in US.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  9. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Very nice threadfriendssmiley

Since our was a love marriage, so there was nothing like this...

Did some action for a while and lots of talking about the wedding/relatives/preparation for visa processing and stuff. My DH had H1visa stamping in that week.

Yes, we were sooper tired and but were happy that after 6yrs of courtship we are finally declared as Wife&Husbandhugsmiley. So re-capped all the drama we had to face for wedding and were awake till wee hours.

I felt a little embarrassed but my mom was cool when I came out of our room. And my mom and dad were waiting for us for breakfast that morning. we woke up at about 7am. And no funny faces to see as my parents have sent all our relatives the previous night after we the ritual of sending us inside the room is completed(The best part I think :thumbsup)

It took place in our home (At my parents place).

Co-incidentally I came across this link on indiatimes and when i opened indusladies, the same topic....:)

http://www.indiatimes.com/culture/w...wedding-night-is-finally-revealed-228036.html

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  10. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Here comes mine:
    1.DH broke the ice. I was feeling so shy and awkward then (which came from nowhere)..:)
    2. Immediate into action since nothing much to talk after 6 mths of courtship :)
    4. I didnt pretend as if something happened... next day had to rush for some other associated rituals..so got up, took a bath, went out of the room and faced all as if nothing happened.
    5. In a room at my ancestral house ( we were a joint family then)