1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding Night jitters !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Sep 2, 2009.

1. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

tulid lady.... :biglaugh that all so funny.... alarm clock.... papadam!!!! smart of you guys not not fall for all this!!!:thumbsup :rotfl

2. Ratn

Ratn New IL'ite

great thread mlk2009....

it is particularly eye opening to hear from so many ladies that the real action :rotflhappened months, sometimes years after marriage....99% of my friends say it happened the 1st nite itself...i dont know how many among them are lying...

im trying to remember what happened my first nite...it was not so pleasant after all...:cry:
    after the reception i was pretty sad that i wudnt see my family for a long time....we went to my inlaws place and then my MIL discovered she had left the house keys with my SIL who was busy 'socializing' with people at the reception venue...so we had to stand outside the flat..me in the wedding dress n all..sum1 commented 'poor bride...she must be tired'...my MIL commented back...'i am tired too'.
    then when the keys arrived every1 just came in and kept on chatting till 1 AM....i got a little irritated and went inside and started undoing my hair and my dress...then finally one by one they left and my DH was nowhere to be found...then i got to know that at that very moment that my MIL's back was 'hurting' and my husband (mamma's boy) was sitting with her and comforting her....finally when he came in he asked me to go to his mother and see if she needed anything. i did that and my SIL was also there..she told me everything was fine, i needn't worry. i went back and very soon had a fight (which ended in tears) with DH about how controlling his mother was :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i was the one who finally said sorry and then he started doing the 'pre actions' as priti:biglaugh has rightly named it. actually i had to break the ice in this case since my husband is extremely shy and his palms were sweating and all. after some time we fell asleep.
    next morning my MIL is banging the door and calling my DH's name (as if I dont exist) and asking him to get up. my SIL heard it and tried to shut her up...it didnt work. we woke up and within a day or two we started preparations for my another wedding in his family...so my 'new bride status' vanished.

for the ladies here whose DHs took them away for a honeymoon (even if it was for 2-3 days) right after wedding...u are all very lucky.

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

This is such a cute thread!!! Just loved reading all the posts.

Dear Ratn,

Dont feel sad for your experience.I also had a sad experience but i was hesitant to share here as all were happy ones.Now after reading your post i am sharing.

My family had dressed me in new saree,gud jewellary and all and sent me from wedding hall to in laws house.We had to do just aarti formality there and go to hotel.But when we went to in laws house my mil asked me to remove the saree everything and wear a churidhaar!!! I was alone for the first time away from my family.I just listened to her.Took off my new saree and put on some churidhaar,took out all the jewellary except one pair gold bangles,and yellow thread.Then combed my hair i a simple pony and went to hotel.I feel so sad for myself even to this day when i remember this.I really have no clue why my mil did this to me.:idontgetit:

suji

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. bhuvanhan

bhuvanhan Silver IL'ite

Lovely thread. Thanks for making all of us remember that G(O)lden day.:bowdown

Ours was an arranged marriage, we had 9 months between engagement and marriage. It was early 90s, when we did not have Mobile or Emails, we were in touch by phone as he was in Ahmedabad and me at chennai. We used to discuss a lot about 'that' day, but it ended in anticlimax.

1. who broke the ice? My DH.
    We went into the room only by 12.45 as we had somany rituals after reaching home after our reception.

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?

Ah.. We had no time to talk, and we were busy with someother action, let me explain. It is a ritual of ours, that MIL should gift her DIL when she steps home after marriage. We reached home at 11.30 pm, and after all the rituals, she gifted me with a Diamond earring.. Unfortunately, my ear hole was smaller, and I had to force it in my ear, but due to the tiresomeness, I did not screw it properly. So after entering the room, I noticed that the earring is missing, and I started to cry, as it was the first gift from my MIL and I have lost it on my marriage night. So my dear Husband started to search it among the pile of flowers on the bed, after 1 hour of searching he found it out for me. Till this day, he keeps taunting me for that. So no action!!!

3.How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep ?
    Both of us.

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    It was totally embarassing, when we went to the marriage hall the next day morning, for kattu saada Kudai. One of my aunt, just started to pull our legs in front of all my Inlaws and my own relatives. :bonk

5.Where did the wedding night take place ?

In my Inlaws place in my DH bedroom.

Even today, we all have a feel-good factor if we remember that day. Thanks for the one who started this thread.:cheers

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. gayasri

gayasri New IL'ite

Hi dear Ladies,

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

There were no ice at all b/w us. Ours was love cum arranged marriage... me and my husband were doing most of the arrangements for the marriage also... though parents said ok they didnt show much interest in arranging anything for us... after finishing the reception we were sent to my DH's grandma place with all the gifts that we received... we by ourself transferred the gifts from car to the apartment in 1st floor... no rooms decorated for that spl night... but we were happy only... but was some pain there inside...

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?

we had a long talk that night in dinning tale and he was abusing my mom for not showing much interest in doing her responsibilities.. and also said that he didnt expect all these kind of irresponsibility from me...

we were in love 9 months before our marriage... pre-actions has been started 5 months before our marriage... to be frank we started living together 4 months before our marriage...

so that night direct actions only

yes... we were really tired... but it all went off when we held our hands each other... the other night he applied pain balm to my knees as I was suffering from pain...

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    [​IMG]

DH's grand home

6. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Here is mine piece of story:

1. Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

My DH broke the ice first.

Ours was a love cum arrange marriage. I did'nt expected that my marriage would become a huge affair finally, as no one seemed to be interested for our marriage, but I was wrong, everything happened as it happens in all normal marriages. Well, as we had a courtship of 3 years, so we already had enough of talking, but the final action happened after few months.

Both of us slept after 2-3 hours.

Due to the all tiresome marriage rituals happening, and no timings in having food, I was suffering from severe gastric pain in chest and stomach, and could'nt even get from my bed, but I know that my ILs must have misunderstood it. Next afternoon, all my ILs left for their hometown and both of us were left alone at Delhi.

(In a mandir- where my Ils were putting up for marriage).

7. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I am yet to get married.
    I have noticed in several replies above that "action" took place sometime many days or months after the wedding night. Why this happens? Is there need to go in for any medical opinion... . meaning will this help to be prepared so that no major disappointment takes place.
    I ask this as this kind of delay in consummating a marriage is quite contrary to what I believed so far.
    Thank you
    Nandita

8. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Nice thread...got nostalgic all over. well, my reply...

who broke the ice?
    well, ours was a love-cum arranged marriage so we knew each other quite well, and indulged in "pre-actions" :thumbsupbefore the wedding. So, when the actual night came, I was anticipating lots of real action..but you know nothing happened!
    Let me explain- my FIL had booked a nice room in a hotel but when my hubby "tried", I had lots of pain...you see! So we left it at that and kept chit chatting and then slept off. Even our five days of honeymoob bore no fruit! Again the same old "pain". I in fact began to believe that s*** is all fiction and not for real. Can you believe it?:bonk
    The "real action" happened after a month when we went back to the place where we had to stay! :biglaugh

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

We were left alone..bUt in 2 different rooms..:)..yes i had chicken pox, so he stayed in the hotel we had booked and me in my house :hide:..But we sent frequent SMS's(wat else to do :bonk)

Over the phone for an hour

Both were agitated :rotfl..

Fortunately or unfortunately didn't face that situation..But my friend's still tease for both us been separated the very same day of marriage :rant

5. where did the wedding night take place ?

If at all things were fine..could have happened in a honeymoon suite..which we had to cancel..so me in my home and him selves in hotel room

10. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Our wedding night happened to be 3 days after marriage and In those 3 days we got know each other. On the wedding night we came from my inlaws house to my house, it was 7hrs journey :crazy. Soon after we came we had some rituals at home for the wedding night. Myself and my DH felt so much embarrased. At that moment I was unable to see my DH's face due to shyness. Because of my shyness my DH broke the ice.

The next day I had visa interview. So we booked the hotel tickets and I was feeling very much tensed. We just did some pre-actions and spent the night talking.

we were tired because of the hectic journey, but we kept talking the whole night.

It was so embarrasing to see all my family members. But we were so busy on that day that we did shopping, went to our SIL's place and in the evening we started to chennai for visa.

5. where did the wedding night take place ?

At my house.