We must learn to accept situations (Gita 2.13 & 2.14).

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Nov 29, 2007.

1. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chith

It is very true that Situations in life or the nature of people, are not going to change for our sake. But I personally think to accept this fully it really needs a lot of experience. As time flies the understanding of this statement changes. It will be more clear to us as we go further in experience. Sometimes it so happens when we face a very difficult situation we feel the peace inside us where we realise there is nothing that can affect us. But to hold on to that moment becomes very very difficult. Pain and pleasure differs from individual to individual. What I consider as difficult or painful situation will not be the difficult or painful for others. It all depends again how one takes it or faces it. The same is the case with pleasure also. Each second is a learning experience.

Love
    Vidhi

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,
    Every word in your feedback is true.
    I always love the saying
    One man's meat is another man's poison !
    Acceptance of situations & people come only as we grow old & mature with experience. We realise, we have to change our way of thinking if we have to interact with them pleasantly !
    Thanks, Vidhi, as usual you are prompt.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra..

Thanks for your post. Indha attitude 'learning to accept situations' irundhutta, troubles will not trouble us anymore...easier said than done, but definitely not impossible.

In any tough situation, no matter what happens, there are at least two people with each of us - God and ourself. Anybody else - spouse, parents, children, close friends, well-wishers (and in rarest of rare case, relatives) - is actually a bonus!

I dont know whether to call it 'maturity' or 'realization' or 'plain cynicism', I have lessened my expectations from many people since I can never be sure how people will react. For those who are dear to me, I still have some expectations - so sometimes there is a sense of disappointment, when some things are said / done not in sync with my beliefs. Anyway, I console myself saying that these people are dear to me..so they dont mean anything bad for me and I should not fret over small things.

Anyway....the earlier we learn to accept situations, the more peaceful life will start seeming.

Love
    Pavithra

4. Chitvish

Dear Pavithra,
    It is good to receive a F B from you, after quite sometime !
    You have written
    I dont know whether to call it 'maturity' or 'realization' or 'plain cynicism', I have lessened my expectations from many people since I can never be sure how people will react.
    I would prefer to call it "practicality" ! As you write, it is not impossible, but not easily possible, also.
    Let me not confuse you more !
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Great post once again.....for me it is following after 2 days, since i read ur last weeks post only this week.....so it felt good to accept this also......
    All said and done, it does get better to understand or accept situations when u have knowledge of Gita and its sayings, like this one you have posted. It does soothen you and makes you more ready to accept this Life and its happenings without being to affected or involved.
    Good, i could catch up with this weeks post as i am at home sick with cold etc etc....but enjoying my respite from my School......chinnapulathanama irukka.....but am really feeling great missing one day of german classes......:queen

6. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    For the first time, this week, there are many feedbacks on the same day of posting ! That only makes me feel, that you have all started enjoying Gita !
    Sirupillaithanama illave illai, Sudha ! It is a challenge to attend a class after a certain age, I will not deny it !
    Thankyou very much, Sudha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    I have this great idea to bottle up these words and market them. On second thoughts there might not be that many sales.
    This post that you have written contains immense value in a nutshell.
    I am only going on and on because after many difficult years I can now see light when I read Gita or listen to it.
    Please continue writing....
    Regards;

8. Chitvish

Dear AC,
    Nice to know that you are really enjoyting Gita.
    But be prepared for subtle posts, rather abstract posts now & then.
    They have to be gone through necessarily to understand the values explained in Gita.

You have written
    I have this great idea to bottle up these words and market them. On second thoughts there might not be that many sales.
    That is very true !
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Chith,
    Wonderful post! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

"Situations in life or the nature of people, are not going to change for our sake. We must learn to stand apart and be aloof in ourselves"

Chith, this is very true. Though I have started accepting situations as it comes, I am still in the learning process.

Thank you for your posts which really boosts our moral strength.

Best regards,
    Sindhu

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

Thank you for a lovely post on Gita. yes, I started realizing that one should not have any expectations....you will get hurt eventually for it. Ofcourse, I still have to learn more from experience and situations.

P.S. I could not come to Chennai when I visited India. But I case I do ever in the future
    I will ofcourse let you know. I really enjoyed my stay in vijayawada and hyderabad.

love,
    Madhu