1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Have To Be Strong Enough To Accept The Challenges Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 16, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

If the pressures of life is crushing you down think of the flowers that are crushed. They produce the best perfume.Today onwards lets allow the presssures in life bring the best in us.

Remember, Smooth roads never make good drivers! Smooth sea never makes good sailors!
    Clear Skies never make good pilots!
    Problem free life never makes a strong & good person!
    Be strong enough to accept the challenges of life. Don’t ask Life “Why me?” Instead say “Try Me!”
    I was feeling very tired and depressed as my back was paining might be due to the travel last week. Then I came across the above quotes which have given me the inspiration to face life as it comes.

Life after 70 is not so easy especially when healthproblems are there and husband is very economic. He has gone through hard times so will spend money only when it is necessary. The summer heat is troubling here in Mumbai and to go out in the mornings is difficult. Today morning we had to go to the temple and other places. When I left the house only my back started paining and I thought should tell my husband to take an auto but tomy bad luck there was no auto, dont now whether my husband would have agreed. God was also willing us to walk I think. Actually it is only 10 mins walk to the station where the temple is there. From there we had climb the steps in the bridge to go to the west. We bought vegetables and luckily husband took an auto where we had to go , from there again an auto to his friend's place. The vegetable bag was heavy so came back in an auto.

Before my hip bone fracture I could carry any amount of luggage but after my hip bone fracture in 1991 it is difficult but still I try to manage when it is necessary. Once while climbing the steps fell down and hurt at the back of my head. So get scared while climbing the steps. Since we are two of us I buy provisions whenever necessary. Everyday I have to go to buy flowers so that time buy whatever necessary. Its already 26 years after my hip bone fracture. In 1999 artificial hip joint was fixed and doctor said it will be strong for twenty years. Its already 18 years. Hope I am able to be strong after twenty years too.

In old age you feel people are not the same as they were before but when they come and talk to you , you feel you were wrong.

Don’t let the shadow of your past……Eclipse…..The brightness of your future….

As long as we are healthy everything seems easy. In my younger days my elder brother used to say kadu va va engiradhu , veedu po po engiradhu. Now only I understand. This August I will comlete 74 years and hope God gives me good health and makes me strong to face life in the future.

Get MOTIVATED for a Successful LIFE with these 7 Beautiful thoughts of life!!!
    1. DREAM the impossible, SEEK the Unknown , ACHIEVE Greatness
    2. NEVER allow waiting to become a HABIT. LIVE your dreams take risks. LIFE is happening NOW
    3. ENJOY the little things in LIFE… for one day you might look back and realise they were the BIG things..
    4. Sometimes GOD doesn’t CHANGE your situation… Because he is trying to change your HEART…
    5. Difficult roads lead to BEAUTIFUL destinations…
    6. NEVER let the odds keep you from DOING what you know in your HEART you were meant to DO.
    7. If PLAN A does not work… remember the alphabet has 25 more letters.. NEVER GIVE UP…

vaidehi71, Rajijb, kkrish and 5 others like this.

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji ma, the quotes you had given are really good. I can completely understand your health issues. My mother who is 75 years old also faces severe health problems. She also had a fracture in her thigh bone and still has a rod in her thigh. But unlike the generation today who get depressed for even very small matters, I find that your generation are strong willed people. People like my mom and you inspire me whenever I face problems in life. I am sure God will give you good health. Take care.

iyerviji and Belacar like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    It is natural to feel depressed when health issues trouble. I have also only recently started having back problems and it was found to be due to very low levels of vitamin D3 and low bone density. So, i need to be careful and try to strengthen the bones by a combination of early morning walk and exposure to sun and supplements for the vitamin D3. All these days never thought of age as such, but after this problem started beginning to realise age does have its signs on the body one way or the other.
    Your quotes are truly motivating and you are right, there is no point in only dwelling on the problems and its far better to just motivate ourselves to look at the bright future ahead. You are doing a wonderful job in this respect. My wishes and prayers for you to have a trouble free time where health is concerned. Take care.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I can imagine how hot it is in Mumbai. It is extremely sultry in Bangalore too, though it is slightly better than it was over the last couple of months.

Please take care and do not strain yourself. You are doing a great job. Your will power is amazing and I can never stop marvelling at the amount of travel you undertake and all the activities you keep busy with.

Lage rahiye Vijima, but in moderation!

iyerviji and Rihana like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You are truly amazing and a very positive woman.
    At this age, I might not be getting up from the bed for my coffee. Because I am less than 1/2 of your age, even then my back aches like hell, hence I could not walk to work as my bike gave troubles this morning. I tried and tried again to fix it by spending few more minutes, since I couldn't take the car in this heavy traffic either. Forget about auto, as they break your remaining bones the way they ride now a days.

Vijima, is it your decision to stay alone in old age? If so, what role your kids play since they are free from physically taking care of their old parents (a responsibility).
    They can send you money, and luxuries so that your old age would be more comfortable than now.

I suggest a comfortable car and a driver. A comfortable house without stair cases, and believe me, it makes your life very easy.
    Also, some extra money to boost your confidence. So that your husband doesn't have to think twice before buying any luxuries at this age.
    Your will power is amazing, but if that coupled with some paid luxuries such as a maid/cook/driver/car/comfortable house etc, the old age would be amazing.

Don't feel bad to ask for the luxuries. Because you have already given all kind of luxuries to your children while they were your dependent. You made them comfortable as much as you could. Now that, it is their turn.

Some parents, like my mom never asks. They wait till their children comes down, understand their needs and provide. Even if we provide, she will refuse initially although she would be dreaming for such luxuries.
    So, it takes loads of understanding or some advocate in the family to speak for the elders needs. She is raised that way, and never even forced dad or her parents for her luxuries.

I know, that you know better than me. But just thought of sharing this piece of word in any case it is a concern.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Maalti dear thanks for your first feedback and glad to know the quotes are good. Sorry to know your mother isalso facing severehealth problems. Ican understand because of my health problems.Ya dear in our days we did not have the luxury which you all had so we are strong willedperson. Thanks for your good wishesand care

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to know that you are also having back problems. Take care and all the best. Glad thequotes are motivating. Thanks for your good wishes.

joylokhi likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchi dear fo ryour care and love. I like enjoying and going to places .Thanks dear for your sweet fb

satchitananda likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your sweet message SGBV dear and glad to get your fb. Now a days many are facing back problems. We are happy staying alone so that children can live in whatever way they want and we can have our way going to religious funcions and spiritual functions. Before marriage only we bought a house for my son with half of my VRS money and the rest my son paid through monthly payments. After marriage he sold that house and bought a bigger one. Since both are working they will be coming late and it might disturb my husband , so better tostay alone. My kids are ready to give us luxuries, in fact my son in law who is also my husband'snephew tells us to come and stay with them in Kerala as they have a big house with big backyard etc. But my husband does not like luxuries and he wants to lead a simple life. We have enough money but he is economic. I have got used to this life and have no complaints. We enjoy whenever we go to our daughters or son's place. My son is ready to give money but my husband wont take.

Thanks dear for your loving fb. We are actually leading a peaceful and happy retired life.

joylokhi likes this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Great to know that amma.
    It is very true that many old couple love to stay away from their children in order to lead a peaceful life of their choice.
    While it is ok to respect your husband's choice for an economical life, if possible try to get a few basic luxuries as you age, and become physically uncomfortable.
    Because these autos are very bad. It is just my genuine concern. Take care

joylokhi and iyerviji like this.