1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We dont grow old when things are easy, we grow when we face challenges

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 28, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

July is nearing but still no signs of rains. In between there was little rain but nowsince few days though it looks it is going to rain but no rain because of which the heat has increased and unbearable.

There were times when we lived without fans. But now a days fan is required for 24 hours. Luckily in this house we have fitted an AC , so when heat is too much we are able to use the AC. Thank God since two years the heat was not too much as in that house we did not have AC as there was no place to keep the AC.

Some years there is so much rain that we get fed up and have to say rain, rain , go away , come again next year. But this year we are just waiting when it will pour.

Morning by the time I finish my cooking and other work feel so tired and when I sit the word that comes from the mouth is appada. Now atleast we have fan in the kitchen , dont know how our parents used to manage in their days when they did not have facilities like now.

After coming to this house one by one some problem or other. Now Municipality have given notice that this building is very old so we have to vacate. Tomorrow they are having a meeting to talk about reconstruction and to appoint a builder. It might take long time like our building for which still no action has been taken to reconstruct though everytine they saw soon they will start demolishing. In this building also talks have been going on. Again we have to start looking for another house, then change of address, change of phone. Better to leave everything in God's hands ,He will take care .

But one thing is there those days there was joint family , so in old age someone or other is there to take care. Now a days the children are abroad so senior citizens have to take care of themselves.

Often when we lose hope and think this is the end….GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!”

8 people like this.

2. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

lovely post vijima. same thing happening in bangalore too- daily we wait for rains. sometimes its cloudy, and if we have to go out, we carry umbrella so as not to get wet. but it doesnt rain. sometimes its just a drizzle. Bangalore weather has changed a lot in the last 5 years. from no fans to using ACs at home.
    Yes, it is a troublesome thing to change a house. one thing is shifting the household articles and arranging and setting them properly takes atleast a week's time. sometimes even more. go for good packers and movers vijima, as they unpack and arrange things (as directed) and that completes 80% of the work. rest of the things, can be done little leisurely. second thing is, updating address and phone numbers in banks, gas agency, telephone etc. this is one of the reasons which is stopping us from shifting to a new home close to my DS's school. delaying it till it becomes unavoidable :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sai dear thanks for your first fb and glad you liked the post. True earlier Bangalore was nice now it has also changed. My sister is in Bangalore now since 2010, so know about the city. Here also I like to take umbrella but my dh wont take and will say atleast without taking the umbrella let it rain

Since 2010 wehave been shifting houses as our own house is underreconstruction. . This is the 3rd house we have shifted in the four years. Ya we are arranging movers and packers only but forthat also we have to pack and keep as they do everything in a hurry. Main thing is upadating address . Since my children are abroad there is noone to helpme, so it takes time to arrange everything.

1 person likes this.
  4. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Inspiring lines at last, the same way my mom told today as ac got repaired.. One or the other comes daily.. Still we manage it.... Happy to go with a smile.... :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I realize how hard it is to move so often. But feeling stressed in mind makes it even harder. This time make sure you move to a place that is not due for demolition soon. Take it as a challenge to complete the move at a shorter duration this time. Make it easier and simpler. Take it as an opportunity to think what is absolutely essential. Feel proud that you are handling it without the help from your children.

Write a post about how systematically you handled the move which could be helpful to others.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear we also hope that we move to a place where we can stay till our building is ready. Yes dear I am happy that I am able to manage alone. Its God's blessings.
    We have already moved to 3 houses , now if we have to immediately again we have to move I thought I will just leave to the packers , because in these three houses I had kept everything ready in suit cases and big bags , so they had not to pack much. So now I dont have so much strength left. Hope God will show some way

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I wish I was in Mumbai to help you go through this move. God is always with you and I am sure packers will do a good job so that you would not feel the strain this time. I wish you and your husband very best in the new house.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

God gives problems, rather challenges for those who can handle them. When you really feel this is your limit, then that should be it. God knows it, and he will settle things straight accordingly.

Viji Amma, I learnt life this way.
    I had a lot of problems in my life in the past few years. Sometimes, I wonder how did I cross all these hurdles and still stay normal?
    Those days I really had the courage to face all the challenges of my life; hence I managed to cross all the hurdles one by one. At one point, I really felt like "why me"? I felt like I could not even move a bit, leave alone taking up the challenges of life and crossing the hurdles. That was it.
    My life has changed for good now. There is no more significant challenge to call it as a hurdle.

Why I tell you is, I know many of my peers. They are emotionally too weak, can't handle any thing without support, yet they have a very smooth life. If they were to witness what I went through in the past, they would have collapsed there.

There are a few extremely strong women, who are facing serious challenges in their lives. When I see them, I don't even have words to explain how it will be if I am to stand in their shoes even for a day.

So, God gives them problems as per our capacity, and overall the tension is same for everyone even though their problems varies.

My sister's BP raises if she sees cockroach at home. She has this cockroach phobia; hence it seriously affects her mind, body and everything. This is what she can handle
    My mom's BP raises when she sees any issues with us. Even if that is a small head-ache. This is all she can handle
    But there were moms who lost their children in the war (in Sri Lanka) and still managed to gather themselves to lead a normal life.
    At the end of the day, everyone has problems. Everyone has issues and tensions in their life, but it varies as per their capacity.

From your posts, I gather that you are one very strong woman. Extremely strong woman, I would say... So, be prepared to face these silly issues every now and then, while your peers may suffer the same tension in their mind and heart for a problem of their mega-serial character in the TV. Afterall, all face problems amma. Cheer up :)

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear your saying if you were in Mumbai would have helped me itself has given me yanai balam that I can manage . Thanks for your good wishes Viswa