1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Are Like That Only

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Oct 10, 2009.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi K2S,

I am sure a cheery smile or greeting can make the sun shine on a gloomy day! Thank God in IL there are 'smilers' galore.... or I would have withered away!

2. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Mindian,

The thing is I never gave it a second thought before Uncle G pointed it out to me... I and the man's wink and leer left me disquieted for a whole day. I was boiling mad. Anyway, now I don't bother... I am back to my slokas and Anthakshari as I wrote in 'Kick-starting on Self Motivation:)'!

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hello Sowmya,
    I hope you were smiling as you ran to your dictionary... That would have made my blog worth... Yeah... I know smiles can be misinterpreted... But honestly, I was just trying to be civilized! Sigh!

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    That is so true. In India, being friendly is misinterpreted all the time. Living here I am used to smiling at strangers and have done that in India but have been met with a suspicious stare for my efforts!

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viju,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Humour at its best here.

i am very sad this diwali u lost millions , sorry billions in smiles.and theat leach smile and wink at u ? Grrrrrrrr!

Well i too walj around in the park with pretty ladies, i just glance at them when they are far and walking towards me, but turn my gaze away as thenear, i want to tell them they are young and pretty, but ladies well may not take that as a compliment coming from this 100 kg oldie:biglaugh:biglaugh

os i dont experiment, and just continue my walk and find friends who share a naughty joke or an SMS with me, till it is time to go home to Harhsa; lap.HAHA

Superb one, still laughing.

Regards

kamal

6. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

It was hilarious post. Made me laugh many times when reading it. yes, I do understand. Thanks for sharing.​

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

HI Twinsmom,

enjoyed reading your post immensely.Hilarious!

My friend had told her father who was visiting the US for the first time that even strangers greet or smile when passing by each other. So the next day when he went on a walk, she had to remind her father that he need not smile at everyone passing by, only the ones he makes eye contact.

8. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hi twinsmom, Having seen that u r the winner, I dropped in. Congrats and you deserve it. Recently I have started walking in the mornings and lets see how many stares/smiles I get back.

By the way, seems that we are from the very same place.

9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear twinsmom

Congratulations first being the winner of FP for October'09.

I really enjoyed reading it, and only afterward came to know about you being the winner. IT is humourous as well as educating both in terms of english and lifes reality:)

take care