1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ushash

ushash Silver IL'ite

few tips
    1.fake illness and don't do any work
    2.or keep all works pending ( like washing clothes ) and do it alone and show ur self busy.. e.g . go the rest room , lock the door and hand wash clothes for many hours. similarly clean bathroom , arrange cup board etc
    3. invite your friends to your house and chat with them
    4. Don't cook tasty food . instead make curry watery , make subji with less salt etc
    I don't know what behavior of her irritates you . can u eloborate

2. ushash

ushash Silver IL'ite

Adding more to the list :
    1. If they crib about their problems , don't talk positively. ( She keeps on finding fault in me. so if she cribs to me about her problem , I don't talk positively ). I say ' ya ya it is a very big problem and it might even turn to more worse situation.
    2. Don't call regularly and find all possible reasons for the same
    3. Instead keep in touch with people whom she doesn't like
    4. Talk to your mom very very lovingly in front her.
    5. She treated me soooooooooo bad after my csection . So when she fell ill recently , I did not care at all. I never enquired how s she when she got pain in hands recently. In front of dh I just asked once to make sure that my dh does not blame me
    6. She makes very less food . So I have lunch first and finish off whatever I want . She expects me to eat too less which I DONT do

3. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Thanks Ushash for helping me!!
    I exactly don't know what may irritate her.
    Mine was an arranged marriage.
    My MIL and FIL quarrels and wont talk to each other for months. During this period MIL brainwashes everyone by telling his faults. Hearing this for sometime we start hating him then they will again be in good rapport then we too should also be like that.... huhhhhhhh

This process continues always,..
    In the beginning of our married life i was very nice to her, and tried to be very friendly with her though I am not a kind of ideal bahu and I am very lazy too . But Later I realized that all those were waste of efforts to such a lady. She used to find small fault in everything and used to tell my hubby(for example if she find vim in a washed plate( though it is my fault )). Whatever she says I never responded. She used to get jealous when he cares me much. Her face used to be red, when we go out for movie, shopping etc. She did not like my dh helping me in some work.

Later for some other reason we started living separately(Actually a blessing in disguise for me)
    My dh loves her very much they talk daily (Mostly she talk bad about others.. my husband listens everything and whoever she talk bad, he start hate them too...)I just hate this habit.She just manipulate thingsI (am very sure from my experience), cry over phone for etc . which makes him feel sad and he start hating those people.(This can be his brothers, their wives, my FIL whoever it is)
    Now she act like too much caring which I never experience when we were living with her.

She is coming over this weekend. I am feeling bad..... Once if she comes and at the time my DH not around she will be always behind me for one or the other reason asking what to cook today, clean every where ... etc. I f I go out to buy vegetables , or paying electricty bils etc, she will accompany me saying she wants to come.. I just dont like it.When dh is around she wont allow us to talk separately and she interferes always and we cannot go anywhere without her..

Things I am very sure that he does nt like in me are
    1)My Laziness
    2)Getting up late
    3)Drinking tea without taking bath
    4)Sitting and talking with my husband when she is around etc.
    5)My Dh putting cloths in the washing machine and taking out the dried cloths and putting those to dry
    6)Me talking about my parents
    I am not sure anything else is there or not

I think now you got a picture of my MIL.

Anything can I do which makes her feel not to visit us and not to stay with us?

I am not a cruel DIL. But I just cant tolerate certain things like this. BTW she has three sons. My Dh is the youngest. The other two are staying with their family in the same city she lives n separate houses.My MIL and FIL ate staying in the family house though they don't like each other much and quarrel over their properties etc..

Thanks
    :-(

4. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Adding some more
    She does not like my husband visiting my parents home (which is in another city )or we staying there for one or two days. Due to this me and my Dh together did not visit my parents untill we stay apart from my MIL. After that I somehow convince him to visit my parents and and we made it. In the last moment she also came along with us to visit some of her relative who live in my parents city.

We could make our honeymoon trip only after we live separately after a year of my marriage that too without telling her.

Now our life has been become peaceful.. We used go to so many places without telling her!!! My Dh knows very well that she wont be happy with that.

Thanks

5. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

same here...my H is also All India Radio... he relays every single thing that happens with him or my house, to the extend that what is cooked in my house for BF, Lunch and Dinner....and who cooked it.....its 6 years post marriage....still he calls them 2 times a day every single day...weekends the number even doubles.....

this irritates me the most...and i don't know how to stop it...please give suggestion...if anyone of you can....

for 1, tell her... when it comes you will post it in the calender or notice board for her convenience....so now onwards please stop asking!

for 2, For me also Mil's mom speak such non-sense, asking how you guys are doing together.... but now i have decided to give her back...by saying....."we really do good together.....i love your grand child a lot....if you don't believe me...please ask your grandchild what all i do for him gigglingsmiley"

6. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Hi Ushah...
    Thanks for your suggestions .I found your extended reply just now after finishing my two sets of reply.I hope you have read my long essay on MIL issues. I think all those things I used to do. But I am not sure whether these are helpful for me to make her feel not to vist or stay with us anymore.....
    But I need to make it happen!!very badly....

:-(

7. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Heloo Any more tips please........This weekend she is coming over! I think I have tried most of the tips Ushash suggested during her last visit. But she is again coming!!!! What does that mean? She is not irritated with that at all? Or Spomething else????

Please Please....

8. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

she is just coming for a week... let her come and go.... dont go in too much dialogues with her you do your stuff let her do hers

9. RedFlower

RedFlower Silver IL'ite

Even my DH used to tell his mom everything. He doesnt miss out anything. When did I come, What I cooked or planned to cook? whats our weekend plan, everything...
    Once I told him, ' Dear, you missed to say you mom how many steps you climbed to reach our flat' and moved on.

10. ushash

ushash Silver IL'ite

helpme,
    hey dont worry.. u cant stop them from coming. but u can take it as a challenge to remain unaffected by her,.. think this as a exam to learn ignorance..
    if she senses that u dont like her coming to ur house, she will come again and again.
    Before marriage , a mother in law does not care her son and does not come to visit him..after marriage they get possessive that dil will enjoying with son and will take him away from mother and so they often visit.
    Whatever u wrote most of mils are like that only .
    Manipulative, interfering , possessive , insecure , creating hatred in son .. all these are there in mine too..
    AND mine too tags along with us each and every minute. ours is a small flat with 2 bedrooms . I used to sit in a room and with laptop headfone on to avoid her.. now that i ve got baby , she often comes to room to see baby . So I just play with baby and dont care .
    I am also trying very hard to remain unaffected by her