Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by sssaustin, Jul 5, 2007.
can some one share their thoughts about investing money safely and profitably?
I am currently thinking of investing in mutual funds that invest in Government Bonds. The fund returns are between 9 to 13%. I think it is quite safe
SIP is the good option in my view.
depends on the term you choose
on Monthly basis, SIP,
on yearly basis lands, plots
PPF is the best.
NPS(National pension scheme) is also attractive.
Blue chip mutual funds are good. Try SIP.
At current rate, 10% can invest in gold. Unfortunately, Govt restricted to stop selling gold coins..So, Gold ETF's are the only option for investment.
Buy, Infrastructurer Bonds, which will have lock in period.
I want to invest money but how...?
No investment is without risks-debt based schemes can change rates whenevr they want-stocks & mf you need to study properly before going.Hire a good financial plannerthey help you.If nothing till then u can invest in PPF -upto 1 lakh a year, 8.5%,
1) bank FD
2) Corporate FD
3) Buy forex ( kind of so fluctuating now a days)
4) Gold/ Silver
5) Real estate .. Try for in budget project
6) Bonds/Shares/Mutual funds
7) PPF / NPS
8) Insurance ( term plans too)
Life Insurance from LIC is one of the best ways to invest money safely. For all LIC related queries pls PM me...My FIL is a financial advisor with LIC of India.
If you can afford 5k aside every month, Jeevan Anand policy in Lic is good..
Below is break up of my policy.
PAY 55747 per year * 20 years = 1114940rs for 20years.
Profit for 20years = 20Lacs (1114940rs paid + 885060rs Bonus )
Life insurance cover for Life
After Maturity of 20Lacs and death of policy holder, 10Lacs to Nominee.
Other options are
1. LIC Policy. (Lots of options, talk to an Lic Agent)
2. Gold saving schemes (You can pay as less as 1000rs per month)
3. Small F.D's ( you can put as less as 10k to FD)
4. PPF (You can just pay even 500rs per year)
5. Mutual fund/chits (Be careful, to invest only in reputed one)