Water-less, Power-less Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by uttarkideepika, Jun 25, 2009.

1. uttarkideepika

uttarkideepika New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I just saw on T.V that the water and power situation in the capital city Delhi has worsened. Residents are out on the streets blocking roads, so that the administration hears them. I'm really worried as I have a lot of friends and relatives there. Which are the affected areas? Can anyone brief about the ground situation?

I believe, this is an ongoing problem every year. Is there no solution to this WATER & POWER woes for Delhi citizens. Its a shame for a city which is busy spending millions for hosting Commonweath Games-2010. :thumbsdown

But what about the COMMON MAN and their BASIC PROBLEMS?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. bhavnaparikh

bhavnaparikh New IL'ite

Oh! This is really a bad situation for the capital city of a country. I wonder while Sonia Gandhi gathers all the 'wahwahi's' for improving the water problems in remote desert villages of Rajasthan, is it too difficult to find out a way in the National Capital DELHI.

We see this every now and then on television about Delhi's water and power problems, but seems NO ONE IS REALLY INTERESTED. After all, do we always need a GOVERNMENT to do things for us. Where are the corporates, the NGOs and the Cream of Delhi's high society who love to splash money on charities and high parties....Can they ever contribute to bring a change in the basic infrastructural facilities in Delhi?

Delhi citizens...are you ready to make things work for you? Please speak up
    ...Computer Typing
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. sweetgirl4flirt

sweetgirl4flirt New IL'ite

Don't ask! Just don't ask! The situation is terrible. I work in Gurgaon and we have to buy bottled water to even wash our face. Electricity is not their half of the day and situation is worse in poorer areas.

Plus, if there's no electricity, people can't turn on their motors to store the water. Add to all this, there is no sign of rain in at least one week. I am going to go completely paagal, I am telling you.:crazy

4. meerapodwal

meerapodwal New IL'ite

Re: Water-less, Power-less Delhi - 4218 MW required

I just saw on television about the worsening water and power situation in Delhi. The latest news is that 4218 MW power is required for Delhi. There is some conflict as well going on between Delhi and the neighboring states regarding power supply.

Punjab government has ordered all government offices to put off their ACs the whole day to counter power problems...Can Delhi follow suit?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. uttarkideepika

uttarkideepika New IL'ite

Oh! is Gurgaon also affected? Then how are the offices and BPOs working?
    Which are the affected areas in Delhi..Please let us know..we are worried!!

6. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Re: Water-less, Power-less Gurgaon

We are having a ball!
    On a seroius note,we are the worst sufferers since we have made a house here.No servants too!

7. SanjanaBatra87

SanjanaBatra87 New IL'ite

Yes, the situation is too bad. There are news of people sleeping in their cars with the ACs on... . Also, markets in Delhi have been instructed to close down by 8 pm citing powercut problems. East Delhi is the most affected.

God :help Us.

8. sushmafrom44

sushmafrom44 New IL'ite

Don't worry Delhites, you are not alone. :) We in Bhopal have been going through these kind of crisis for almost a year now. I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to make sure that at least some of the corporation water reaches my tanks. For the last few months, our neighborhood has been calling water tankers after every two days.

9. sethihardeep

sethihardeep New IL'ite

Delhi CM Shiela Dikshit has announced yesterday that Delhi's power situation will improve in 24 hours. Read this interview of Mrs, Dikshit with CNN-IBN

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.txt, li.txt, div.txt {mso-style-name:txt; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

What are your views on this?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. GayatriRathod

GayatriRathod New IL'ite

Hey Delhites,

How's the power situation now? I heard its raining in Delhi. hope it has given some respite. What about Shiela Dikshit's promise of improvement in power situation within 24 hours? Or, has rain come to her rescue for solving both Power and Water problems. :roll:

But don't you think, we people and the media who hype all these problems, forget, whenever there is a temporary relief (just as rain in this case); instead of making sure that they do not have to suffer the NEXT time...

:idontgetit:

Gayatri

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">