1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watching Football On Television

Discussion in 'TV' started by somsar2014, Jun 19, 2016.

1. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

Nowadays, the EURO 2016 and COPA 2016 are going on in France and USA. A big share of the spectators, filling in the stands of the stadiums are women. I would love to know, whether you ladies are watching football or spending your TV times for other programs. If it is NO to footbll, may I know reasons?

2. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@somsar2014 : i am ardent fan of football....more into EPL & La Liga.

somsar2014 likes this.
  3. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

That's great !! Have you seen , the La Liga star, Lionel Messi have been sentenced for 21 months after being found guilty of three counts of tax fraud, although it is unlikely he will serve time. These kinds of events may distract the palyers mind from the game. Bit it also shows, the administration never spares anyone if he is guilty, a thing that is not to be seen in In our country.

4. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure whether he l be sent to jail....Neymar still escaping from Tax fraud net.

Sairindhri likes this.
  5. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

But he has been kept busy by the tax mane. Will you see the Indian cricketers or Bollywood stars be chased by tax men in in India. They will be in action when the sagging careers of the persons concern needed boosts. The middle aged Salman or Aamir or SRKs are needing those boosts so that their films get publicity. Off course they are not accused of tax evasion. But Neymurs or Messis are battling in foreign pitches . I don't know,whether the Argentine or Brazilian authorities would give such torrid time times to their national heroes.

6. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

So true.

7. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I am rooting for Germany....how about you?

8. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

Germany are like bulldozers, and any kind of road conditions can hardly deter the movement of a bulldozer. But this year in Euro, I grew a special feelings for Wales because of their better team work and the great player pony-tailed Gareth Bale who has dislodged Christiano Ronaldo from the position of the most valuable player of the world. I have feeling for the underdogs Wales but do not expect them to lift the cup . They can very well beat Portugal but not good enough to beat the Germans. Anything other than seeing Germany as becoming Champions is an upset result for me, though my heart will bleed for Wales .

Thank you so much for asking the favorite question. ..:))

9. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I like Bale {me being a Real Madrid fan}.....as you have pointed about Wales, Chris Coleman has done a good job with this team. I am looking forward to Portugal vs Germany final :smirk:.

10. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

@ somsar2014 : are you planning to watch the final?