1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Was I justified in my actions?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ansh12, Feb 26, 2008.

1. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi ansh,

That was a very brave thing to do. Many of us want to do things that are brave but sometimes do not follow through. It is easier in your mind to fight things than to actually get down to it.

kudos my friend.

Warm wishes,

Aqua.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ansh
    I just pray that he is boy is ok........... I know now a days students study less and do all sorts of things more..........uni's being the place of knowledge has become the place of terror now a days............
    Please do takecare...........
    I know such incidents are difficult to forget soon.........

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sumeru, vanaja, arunarc,aquamarine and Sriniketan

thanks for your reply. But it was too disturbing . I just couldn't sleep, thinking is it justify to always pay lip service to some social issues and be a mute spectator. What can be done to curb violence. I have all the symapthy for the youth as their energies are not channelised.

We teacher have to share the blame.I don't like using the word hate for anything and anyone, but i hate violence.

It will take time to get over this, as I am not wondering about the attitude of those boys, i am worreid about the insensitive attitude of university lecturers and not so positive attitude of unversity authorities.

Don't we lecturers have a social responsibilities? I usually laughed at by my colleagues when I say, we need to counsell them and talk to them. It is said, I wnat to bring revolution, "ma'am yeh system hey, apne aap ko bachao, doosre ki parwah mat karo"

Thanks for replying and caring

Best wishes

4. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi paulina

Thanks for your encouragement. We did raise hue and cry, that's why those people couldn't do much harm to the boy, otherwise they wouldn't have left him without making him uncounscious.

I am not regretting my actions, but I was so upset by the incident that I needed to talk it out. I felt I couldn't do much, as I should have visited the boy in the hospital, reported to the univ. security, but I knew that my action will not be appreciated by even my family members.

So, I was annoyed with myself for double standards.

If it had been a perosn known to me, would i have bothered about my life, No, I wouldn't have.But, when it comes to some others life why do we become calculative?

Best wishes
    Ansh

5. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Hi Ansh,

Your lines below really pushed me into thinking -

"So, I was annoyed with myself for double standards.If it had been a perosn known to me, would i have bothered about my life, No, I wouldn't have.But, when it comes to some others life why do we become calculative?"

There is so much reality in that statement. Most of us tend to think on the lines you have done too. I would it say its not exactly double standards in our case, there are certain factors that we think, would pose a trouble for our families, if we get involved in such situations.

Some of the reasons why people hesitate to help in public places may be these. What if the hooligans took note of you and later decided to trouble, threaten you or your family, what if you had to land up in a police station, have to sign on statements and had to go to the court as witness for such incidents ? Would this not spoil the reputation of the family ? What if the boy you helped was a culprit actually ? If you girls in the family who need to get married, would this affect in the looking for suitable proposals for them ? Would society really appreciate your gesture or would they attach some stigma to your family b'cos of the involvement ? What would society say, if they find a police van standing outside my house ? and the list goes on.......

If our social systems (govt, police, judiciary) worked honestly without the hassles we have today, I feel all the people will heartily come forward to help those in trouble. I feel people do want to help others, but some of the reasons I have listed above are the main obstacles.

I'm reminded of the excellent film 'Damini' in this instance and fight she had to put up to bring the miscreants in her own family to justice.

Cheer up Ansh ! You did a good deed, and the divine powers above, have already made a note of this kindness of yours !

6. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi ansh

U have done a wonderful thing !!!

many a times people stand around & just watch when such things happen.

hats off to u!!!!

prabha

7. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sumeru

Thanks for your balanced reply. Yes you r very right that people hesitate to help becuase of the hasseles involved.

Damini remains my favourite movie till date.

Thanks for caring

Ansh

8. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi prabha thanks for encouraging words.

Bets wishes
    Ansh

9. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Thats one brave gesture. But one thing would say, If i were in postition I will do the same , no matter what. We are never free in this life, we will always have pratical reasons to not do right things. But then we have only one life and we have only one shot at it. So give the best shot all the time. We never know when its the last one for us. If I were your daughter, for me, having brave short lived mom will do better to me than a timid futuristic mom. That will defile the foundation of my life.

We often think teaching theory to kids will be enough. And we teach them all anamulous behaviour . We tell them not to lie, and we continue to lie in front of them, wether its for office leave or avoiding a friend. We will use lies whenever we have to. So without surprise kid picks up the practical beahaviour. Having a fearless mom is like a having right foundation. So shed off the hesitation. You did what your being is, and you should be proud of it. Go gal! there are plenty of average human beings filling this earth for no good reason. Its always good to be the torch bearer of right message. Doing right does have its risks. But then even walking on road is not risk free.

Ria

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ria

Thanks for your encouraging words. Yes, you are right, kids can't be taught courage till u show them what you mean by it "actions speak louder than words"

Thanks
    Ansh