1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Warning Bell - Were Our Tears Real?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Nov 3, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sridhar, that was one honest reply....i know that given the indian setting we women did not have so much of freedom....and like u have rightly pointed out , the next generation is definetely going to be different....our daughters are there with career goals in mind before marriage and i am sure they will be able to find life partners who will help them to achieve some of their dreams....
    I also would like to add here that i willingly gave up my dancing career (performing extensively!) since i do care for my hubby and my family comes first...i guess in a way we women love our family life first and then only will look at career goals...in fact i try to still do things within my means without disrupting my family life and to that extent hubby has been accomadating....all said and done if we understand each other and if the other partner also acknowledges the sacrifices we make to make their dreams come true...then there will be no regrets....it becomes a joint dream and life goes along smoothly.
    I can see all the women here have been so matured and understanding ... dont u think all the menfolk of these wonderful women on IL are lucky !:tongue We are ot the nagging boring wives na?

Come on Sridhar, acknowledge that we ILites , i mean the LADIES are definetely a breed above normal, exceptionally matured....what say you?:clap

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    How can I not acknowledge that the IL ladies are a breed above normal, exceptionally matured and that the menfolk of these wonderful women are lucky.

Fully acknowledged, understood, admired and appreciated.

But still as an accountant would like to get some kind of confirmation from the menfolk about this. what say you?
    sridhar

3. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Tough nut to crack

Dear Sridhar,
    Sorry for the long silence. You asked me for an honest answer re: my reaction if my hubby wanted to change profession under safety net. Now, honestly, following a dream in profession with compromising rewards is a difficult argument with me. However, if my hubby's arguments are strong and convincing, then I will give it a thought(no promises, though!!). However, if he is going to follow his dreams for better prospects, no questions..Go ahead..will be by instant reply. In general, we are very supportive to each other and follow open policies.
    Now, coming to the question of husbands supporting wives, my husband will win hands down. I took up my CA Final exams, only two months after my daughter was born, and passed!! Thanks to the support from my husband and my parents. Bottom line..If there are Sridhars there are Krishnans as well...hahahaha..
    Still I appreciate your openness in standing up and accepting to-day that you were a demanding husband when you were young..You know..many husbands do not even have this acceptance..
    You can give yourself a pat on the backfor making IL members do some self-analysis!!.

Regards
    USHA

4. varalotti

You have enriched the thread and substantiated my points!

Dear Latha,

I am very happy that you liked those words. I am pretty much pissed off about the Doctor who virtually killed his son's career. Now even if he gives a billion dollars his son could not get his days back.

I am sure that none of the ILites would commit the same mistake.

That reminds me Latha, to say something on the lives of children on whom their parents thrust their unfulfilled ambitions ruined them. Well, keep watching these forums.

Thanks for the post. I also enjoyed the other post of yours where you talk about your son. I salute your son's determination and I am sure he will have a happy life.

regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

That was a good one!

Dear Usha,

To confess something to you, seeing your first post I was a little troubled about your rigid stand. Now you have softened a bit, though I feel, you can soften a little more too.

Hats off to your husband who encouraged you to pursue CA exams. And I salute you for clearing the CA final exams after becoming a mother. That is no small achievement Usha.

Usha, I think it is the age and the family circumstances that count. Had I been born in 80s or even 70s I would not have been that conservative. But no regrets from my side. (perhaps my wife might have some). I would rather not exchange my life with that of anybody else in the world; not because it is the best; but because I can live that one life in the best possible manner.

Thanks once again. Regards to your husband. Is he by any chance a CA too?
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Phalasruthi To All Ladies!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Normally the last stanza in a bakthi sloka would be its phalasruthi where the author of the sloka would bless those who chant it and would assure material well being to all those who have sincerely chanted it.
    I am not a Rishi with powers to sanction benefits to you. But as your fellow passenger in this journey called life I can definitely assure you one thing. Those ladies who read the posts in this thread, who posted in this thread and who heard about this and discussed about this, will always support their mates' and their childrens' careers and they would always have a beneficial influence on them.

And with such an attitude their husbands and children are sure to have the best possible careers.

May you all be happy.
    My individual, pesonal thanks to all the ladies who participated in the discussion, contributed to it and also to those who just silently read the posts without commenting.

With Warm Regards,
    Varalotti

7. varalotti

Wednesday On Thursday!

Most Gracious ILites,

This Wednesdays thread, which I have posted only on Thursday evening is a continuation of the discussion we had in this wonderful thread.

I am pleased to welcome all of you there and make it as colourful and as useful as this one.
    regards
    Varalotti

8. varalotti

Relax A While!

Dear All,
    Though this is not related to this subject, I am anxious that you should not miss Pankajas middle on Mysore Royalty and her poem on old age. You will also get Kamla's childhood memories as a bonus.
    Please visit this thread
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3311
    regads,
    Varalotti

9. varalotti

Warning Bells Again!

Most Gracious ILites,

Thanks a ton for your enthusiastic and emotional support for this thread. I have just now hosted the next thread again on the same topic. But this time I have given my short story, The Freedom Song, which was my first story in English.

As usual this story created a lot of controversy. With somebody praising it skyhigh and many others condemning it as it "praises selfishness and condemns the sacrifice of the parent."
    I don't know what you are going to do with the story. It is in your hands.
    regards,

Varalotti

10. varalotti

Now Relax, Ladies!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Thanks for the discussion which should have tired you all as you have argued very strongly.
    This week sit back and relax and read my tribute to the entire womanhood in the latest Saturday's thread.
    regards,
    Varalotti