Want to buy/ sell Household items....ask here?!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by Deepav, Jun 25, 2007.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: LG wet grinder in S'pore

dear Chaarvi

As Anu has mentioned Jothi stores has many models and I got my ultra from there 5 years back.

2. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Second hand furniture shops

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me where to find second hand furniture shop or about any ongoing garage sale.

3. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Re: Second hand furniture shops

Hi Ramya,
    I had visited this shop selling 2nd hand furniture on Bendemeer road, about 2 stops from bendemeer primary school. It's one the main road,brick coloured shop saying 2nd hand furniture sales. Do check that out. Hope it helps!

4. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

5. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

hi rani and svrlax,

thanks for your suggestions..i will check them out.

6. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Dryer or dishwasher?

Hi Ladies,
    I have just got the keys to my new house and i need to get it renovated and have to move in by year end......
    I am planning to buy all the electrical equipments brand new since all i have now are more than 10 yrs old.so i have a few doubts.....fridge,washing machine,stove,hood etc are mandatory....should i buy a dishwasher or a laundry dryer?i have space for only one of them.My Hubby says that its my choice to get what i want.i am confused.....few friends say that dishwasher is more useful and necessary and a few say that with the kind of weather in Singapore ,it is better to buy a dryer to dry out your clothes?
    Can anyone give me any ideas on how to go abt this ?
    thanks and cheers,
    Uma

7. monikachawla

monikachawla New IL'ite

Re: Dryer or dishwasher?

hello uma

i will suggest u to buy dish washer because u can use it daily-anytime,and dryer u will be able to use only when its rainy .

cheers
    monika

8. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I too suggest dish washer. Dishwasher is a boon really, free from washing so many vessels, that too when there r guestsRant. i would say diswasher is a mandatory item for every house. Before hiring a maid i used to look at the dishwasher with gratitude. It gave me some time for rrelaxation.:coffee

Any way this is my exp. Depends on individual pref.......Let me know which one u went for.hehaha........

Uma

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma

Congratulations for the new house and Best of Luck!

My choice is a dishwasher. You may find that scrapping the food particles before loading, to be tedious in the beginning, but believe me it will be a great help if you do not have full time maid.

Again dryer is also another chice, if you are working and do not have time to dry it outside and take it inside when it rains unpredictably here. Also there are many models now like you can put the dryer on top of washing machine and also some 2 in 1 models, where storage space wont be a problem. Do look around before you shop.

All the best!

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya

Look in the STimes classified where you know about the garage sales/moving out sale etc.
    Also look in Sg online classifieds.

But nowadays some stores like Ikea offers furniture for the whole house at affordable prices and the assembling charges are too low.(6% of the total furniture cost). You can choose from the different price ranges available to suit your needs.

All the best!