1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

want to buy mixer in US.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kads, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Can i know which mixer grinder is good to buy in US.as i had one but it got spoiled.
    I want mixer which can gring my chatni,dry masalas very finely,as we can find grinders in US HAVING BLADES making juices and salads,but not the chatnis..

pl help me with right grinder with the name of the product.so i can buy as soon as possible..
    thanks

2. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

hi
    you can buy oster 16 speed it good for making chutney, dosa idli dough. In california el camino kumud shop we can get small jar. which will fit for oster mixi.
    you can buy indian mixi in online web site name is inno concepts.
    bye
    Sofi

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

mr. coffee coffee grinder with chambermaid - 20 bucks at walmart

4. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Thanks pmahensa..
    Yes i will buy the coffe grinder,as somefrnd of mine told she too is using that ..thanks

5. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

But...can you grind wet chutneys in coffee grinder?

6. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

s. u can grind wet chutnis with little amt of water like thick paste. 2 of my friends r using it for long time. as they told it is good. u can use it.

7. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

can any one of you help. I am in Belmont. I would like to buy a Oster blender with small cup at kumud. Is this help to grind dry powder also like dhal powder, sambar powder? Please answer me it will be of great help.

Thanks
    Durga

8. poojasa1

poojasa1 New IL'ite

I have been using Bella Rocket Blender 17 piece which I bought from Kohls for $18 while it was on sale. Kohls have sale's on regular basis and you can find this blender on sale quite often. I use it for make chutneys and also grind whole chilles and other spices. They come out well. Also you can make purees and milk shakes. Also I have grinded Urad Dal for making Medu Wada which came out pretty fine. You may want to look at this option as well.

9. khusi123

khusi123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I have landed in U.S. just few days back and I am highly confused right now. I have not brought my mixer, blender from India for the voltage issue and now here I am not sure which company and which products will be enough for my use( making onion paste , grinding coriander leaves for chutney , grinding dry roasted spices). Please help me out as I need them soon.

Thanks
    Khushi

10. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Khushi, Try a Coffee Grinder with removable container. I use Kitchen Aid and it works best for all this.Its strictly for small quantities only.(2 cups).Good Luck.