Want Suggestions As Its Difficult In Managing House And Office :(

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by BDivya, May 3, 2016.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

woww CB:):) as always u have surprised me with a detailed n perfect reply!! thanks:)

2. Miracle1000

Miracle1000 Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. Our friends have already poured in lot of best tips.. I don't think am going to tell anything new than that..

Tiffin - Keep batter always in handy.. Dry roast oats and powder it and store.. Stock up on sprouted millets flour.. You can mix the above with normal dosa batter and make healthy idli/dosas. Stock up on sevai, Ragi Semiya, kambu semiya, poha, ready made idiyappam and they are very quick to make..

Lunch - one pot meals are easy and less time consuming.. I make carrot rice, beetroot rice, cabbage rice, cluster beans rice, beans rice.. Basically rice mixed in poriyal.. So no need to make side dish for this.. And you can prepare dal in bulk and freeze it.. So sambar or dal tadka can be done quickly.. Also boil variety of sundals and store in refrigerator.. Power packed healthy snacks ready..

BDivya likes this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Miracle1000 likes this.
  4. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Hey dear!! Dont know whether I can help you! But these are few suggestions or ideas from my side!
    And people have already posted wonderful suggestions! Here are mine. Many might be similar I guess.

Time saving ideas: This is always a golden rule for working women! Cutting vegetables the before day.
    Other things are chapatis or rotis are too easy if you get used to it regularly. So you can prepare dough for 3 or 4 days in advance. And yeah the next one is ginger garlic paste...keep it refrigerated. And dont wash vessels separately. Finish it before you finish cooking. Thats a big headache to have it as a separate chore and I personally hate doing that!! What else....Also preparing one sambar or any other kuzhambu will serve for the whole day. So think about it.

Breakfast ideas: Dosa.. This is one such thing which will be always ready to help us whenever we are running out of time or lazy. so always have the batter ready. Rava upma, vermicelli upma, poha, idly, koozh (I personally have this often), pongal is also one easy dish ( can prepare when you have decided to prepare sambar), then occasionally sandwiches. (if you are too serious about losing weight, my suggestion is "Never have processed food")

Lunch : Chapati and single curry is easy I think. Also Miracle has mentioned, single rice with vegetables is a good option. And even sambars and Kuzhambu will be good option because you can use that as sidedish for breakfast lunch and dinner. Try your hands on legume varieties as well. You might get many new recipes than the usual ones. May be just curd rice and black eyed pea curry(with onion & tomato).

Dinner: Only thing I know is Roti and some veg curry.. You can even try pastas (if you are ok with that)

BDivya and Miracle1000 like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Don't be too hard on your self as a working mom/home maker. This duel role is always tiresome, specially with a kid.

The above posters have given you wonderful suggestions. I am not familiar with Indian style food, that too veg stuff. So, I am not gonna post any recipes here.

In addition to what I have written in a similar post in this same forum (Working women and food preparation), I may ask you to involve your H in some of the chores at home.

He might not cook, but wash/clean the vessels, mop the kitchen, and other non-cooking chores, such as ironing the cloths, packing the food, cutting fruits for the kid, filling water in her water can, dressing the kid, bathing the kid, sweeping the house, etc..etc... which will obviously save your time.

When kids are too small, you are expected to spend more time with them. So, spend your time with the kids and not with the cooking pans and stoves in your kitchen.

Try to eat out, or manage with bakery stuff in some days.

BDivya likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Don't be too hard on your self as a working mom/home maker. This duel role is always tiresome, specially with a kid.

The above posters have given you wonderful suggestions. I am not familiar with Indian style food, that too veg stuff. So, I am not gonna post any recipes here.

In addition to what I have written in a similar post in this same forum (Working women and food preparation), I may ask you to involve your H in some of the chores at home.

He might not cook, but wash/clean the vessels, mop the kitchen, and other non-cooking chores, such as ironing the cloths, packing the food, cutting fruits for the kid, filling water in her water can, dressing the kid, bathing the kid, sweeping the house, etc..etc... which will obviously save your time.

When kids are too small, you are expected to spend more time with them. So, spend your time with the kids and not with the cooking pans and stoves in your kitchen.

Try to eat out, or manage with bakery stuff in some days.

BDivya likes this.
  7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

IniyaaSri likes this.
  8. MehulAtharvMom

MehulAtharvMom Gold IL'ite

Hello Divya,
    I am also mother of two , my elder son in 8 years and younger son in 2 and 6 month old. As i am also facing such problems. My weight is also 70 kg trying hard to reduce.

Morning in 2 hours I make breakfast and lunch for 4 persons, pack 4 set of boxes and leave for office at 8:00 pm. I know how hectic it is.

I make full use of my four burner gas stove and microwave oven , to do things fast.

I do veg cutting in night only as it very difficult in morning. I measure the quantity of rice and daal and keep thing ready, morning just wash and put it in gas.

For roti, dough also I kneed in night and keep it ready.

Crud i am setting in separate boxes for 4 of us, so morning no issue , just pick and put.

My office bag, kids school and crèche bag i make ready in night only.

I am some very quick and fast recipes i will share soon.

Reading your post i just felt its earlier me only.

Try these tricks.
    Santoshi

BDivya likes this.
  9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Santhoshi :):) im eagerly waiting for ur quick n super fast receipes!! :):):)

10. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

BDivya likes this.