1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Walk in the Creek

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Feb 23, 2014.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dubai Creek is at its best during the shopping festival, lit up everywhere with colorful lights and beautiful stalls, people from different cultures moving around, which makes walk in the creek ever so colorful.

Winters, especially the shopping festival time is one of the best times to have a casual walk in the creek, when one just loiters around seeing the kids play the merry go round, or a small family of a father, mother and a child going for a walk, or the aged couple seated on the wooden benches. There is lot of stalls for eatery, play, and many more, oh yes! special mention needs to be made about the beautiful fireworks which decorates the sky like thousands of colorful stars falling from above.

There is always something to look forward to during this special time of shopping festival. Creek looks beautiful just like the rainbow and its so amazing that I just cant take my eyes off. Every time I see it, feels like it’s the first time and looks like as though the sky is dressed with lots of vibrant colors like pink, red, green, yellow etc.
    The actual show stealer is the scintillating dance and carnival shows held by the professionals, which are so lively.

My husband next to me holding our little princess and myself enjoying with a steaming cup of spicy corn in my hand which is slowly making its way into my mouth and just melting there. The cool breeze from the creek just kissing my face and making me smile, soaking up the atmosphere in its full glory.

These are some of the little special moments which I experience during my walk in the creek, if you haven’t experienced your special walk in the creek, do wait for the next one in 2015…

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nicely explained one of your special moments, NandiniMithun. Will you be adding photos of the creek with all that lights too? -rgs

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi RGS,

thank you for your first comment................ I do have some videos of the carnival which took place in creek and the fire works, may be I shud try and post it...