1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting for your comments on this post my dearies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 12, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This post might not be appreciated by some as time has changed but I could not change in this respect. What I am talking about is taking bath early in the morning and cooking and do pooja later. What to do I have been brought up like that so I am following it. I feel fresh in the morning if I take bath and do everything whether it is hot season or cold season. Till I finish my cooking and pooja I dont touch any old clothes. When I just finish my cooking my maid comes and now a days they have to clean the vessels in the kitchen sink only. You may laugh I dont like to touch her also as I have to do the pooja , I know she also takes bath and comes and before she comes I take out the Rice, and other things cooked and keep on the dining table. So that she wont touch anything. After pooja is over though I dont touch the bed , sometimes I have to touch the clothes because noone is there and my dh doe snot believe in all this. He says your heart should be pure thats enough. He likes to take bath first and he only keeps my clothes in the bathroom for me to use after bath. Sometimes he touches the old clothes too. I know though I am cooking after taking bath by the time I eat I might have touched the clothes . Like the days I go to temple I have to change my saree so have to touch the clothes in the cupboard, all are not new.

I know many ladies in present age do the cooking first and then only take bath . Even some ladies who are senior citizens follow this. For some they have to get up early and cook and so like to do the cooking and then leisurely take bath. Its all each one's opinion and wish.

Dont laugh at my behaviour I just wanted to share my other part now waiting for your comments

2 people like this.

2. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,
    Its a ritual which you follow and many follow the same. Nothing to laugh at or feel offended. Its just the way you feel comfortable. Dont worry and please continue doing so you follow your heart and your husband let him follow his heart.

1 person likes this.
  3. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

My mother is like you, she cooks only after bathing. And, she will not touch unwashed clothes, our doggie etc before doing puja. One day, I too followed her way and felt very refreshed that day.

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pranati dear thanks for your first fb. Glad many follow. Thanks fo ryour encouragement.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you rmother is like me and glad you too followed and feltrefreshed.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

I don't remember a day my mom cooking before bath! She has in a way passed it down to us and now thanks to the early morning work outs I do, I end up first with a bath, lighting the lamp and then cooking!

It is nice to know your routine! Sine we wash only once in a couple of days, the soiled clothes stay in the hamper!

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear wow I am so happy to know that you also cook after taking bath which you learnt from your mom. Your mom is lucky to have you as a daughter. My admiration for you has increased.

1 person likes this.
  8. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Hi.. What you o is exactly what my mom does!!! and there are days when she has re-cooked because we - the dirty children who loiter into the kitchen without bathing - have touched the food!!! Reading this has brought back so many of our conversations ... fights and and so many other moments...

1 person likes this.
  9. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijiji,

It is good you have been able to follow our old customs till now.Infact,the few days.that I have done like some special pooja days,I feel so good.Honestly,doing pooja after morning bath first thing in the morning feels so spiritually rejuvenating and more connected to GOD.
    My grandma used to follow this routine,exactly the same as you,like not touching clothes etc.After reading your post,I remember her today.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Namratha dear glad to know that you mom also does the same thing. Re cooking oh thats great, for me one time cooking only is a great thing by the time I feel tired, cant cook again all the energy is gone. Glad my post brought memories of those days.