1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wabi-Sabi- Celebrate the imperfectly perfect.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, May 16, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sreema, nice to have a fb from you as always. thanks for enjoying what i have written from a personal point and i follow it. with all the ill -health, i do not have time to change anybody, nor change myself..so i set about accepting them as they are..and in a way this has helped me a lot.

there is nothing called perfection..because we as human beings are lured to find faults with the most perfect thing. we are tuned so much to try to find a fault if we see a perfect thing..no body is perfect..if i become too perfect, then my family will feel something is missing..

well i prefer being wabi-sabi..it makes life easier and simpler.but thought i don't go about trying to be imperfectly perfect by intention..(now isn't that letting the cat out of the bag:rotfl:rotfl)

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    I generally keep myself to the forums section of IL...Today while looking at one of your replies to my thread, got here through your signature lines.
    And I am glad I clicked the link///

You know: I came to know of a new term today....I learnt something new today...

Your blog around the entire principle is a food for the soul...
    And the absolute finishing of the write-up with those four lines, just made the right impression in my heart.
    Thank you for making my day with such beautiful writings

-Pavithra

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi,

As with most of your blogs, I found in this too, something to learn or think about. I had never heard of the term wabi-sabi.
    I read each word minutely and find it so profound.
    Yeah..it would be so peaceful if we accept people and things as it and get along.

I loved this line of yours....

Lucky me.. that I noticed this blog...my loss otherwise.
    Bye

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidya, thanks for joining me here. the concept has been there for so long, only not so explored or exploited by people around.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

RGS, thanks a lot. yes, they never complete their buildings, they are so into zen and they follow it. I believe even we do follow it. but i am not able to give the correct info will share when i remember the details.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

K, when you pitch in, it means the blog has something worth its salt in words..:cheers. how are you doing. seriously, that is what i believe and follow. who has the time to change things, change people to our liking. Acceptance of things the way they are is the first step, though difficult.

yay cheer to wabi-sabi concept.. it has found its place in our daily life..

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thanks pavithra. there were days i was writing in the snippets, but nowadays i have restricted to blogging alone..i get more freedom to explore and express in my space. and now i know that adding signature has not been a waste..thanks for joining me in this space.

my pleasure, i learnt the same a long time back while reading a book, but re-learnt the whole thing while explaining to my daughter..and knowledge is sharing..so the blog.

Aww, pavithra, i write what i can relate to, and what i have experience, if it struck a chord with you, it means somewhere we are there on the same page even if it was for a few minutes.
    those last four finishing lines just sum up what i am going through in life these days imperfectly perfect and that is high from a person who strives/strived to be perfectionist

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

saras, that is a beautiful compliment, from you and i cherishing it again as i am sitting here at 4.30 in the morning to complete giving feedbacks, that were long pending, due to lot of personal works and things. i only hope nobody takes it to heart that ok, the lady does not even acknowledge our feedback's..now buddy, just give me a kick in the tush, so that the prompt replies to blogs happens again..
    minutely under the scanner?? just kidding, hope i did make you understand wabi sabi.

and when you say you like that quote, definitely you have understood what i wanted to convey, and i am :bowdown
    lucky me too, that you are with me on this blog..thanks buddy..

9. Harsinismom

Harsinismom Junior IL'ite

Hi Shanti mam-

Thanks for sharing the concept of Wabi-Sabi, which I feel this is the secret of a contented life and that brings happiness to us and as well to the people around us.

Regards,
    Ashwini

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thank you ashwini.

the day we learn and master the secret, we have started our journey towards the real happiness..