1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

W-2, 1040 forms for L2 visa

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by NeharikaV, Feb 19, 2010.

1. NeharikaV

NeharikaV New IL'ite

Hi,

I have my L2 visa interview next week. I wen through forum for a lot of Q's. This is a great forum to get all your questions answered.

There is 1 question which I need answers for. I have seen many post which says carry ur Hubby's W2/1050 forms. But in my case my Hubby has been in US since 8 months & he said he does not have a W2 or 1050 form.

So is it necessary to have these forums? Did anyone provide these forms in the interview?

Please let me know if this is a must document to be carried or not?

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Neha,

You say your husband has been working in US since 8 months. Is he on regular pay? Does he get pay stub every month or does he get a 1099 form at the end of the year? Because if he is a regular employee he must have surely got his W-2 at the end of the year even if he has worked for only 8 months.

One suggestion is if he does not get W-2 you can carry your husband's pay check stub instead of W-2. That will have all the details regarding how much he makes and taxes etc...

Maybe other ilites can be of more help.

Jaya

3. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Hi,

I recently had my L2 interview. I was not asked for W2 form. but better to carry them in your case carry with you his pay stub,bank statement.Notice of action.

4. NeharikaV

NeharikaV New IL'ite

Thanks Jaya & Raji,

My hubby was getting per diems till Feb. From 1st of Feb he is getting US salary. He said his company takes care of all the taxes, so they don't provide any documentation regarding it.

He just got his 1st Pay stub for Feb. So I will carry his pay stub for the interview.

Do I need to carry my Hubby's Indian Bank statement or US Bank statement?? Also I read a few interview q's like,
    Why are coming to get Visa now after such a long time since ur hubby has already been to US, why dint you come before when ur hubby came for his visa? Can you suggest me some good answer for it? I couldnt go with my Hubbys since the company was not ready to sponsor my visa & it is only now that the company agreed to sponsor my visa. Can I tell them the same answer?