1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Voted best e-mail story of the year

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chilbuli Imli, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

A m<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s sick <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd tired of going to work every d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y while his wife st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>yed home. He w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nted her to see wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t he went through so he pr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>yed: "De<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>r Lord: I go to work every d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd put in 8 hours while my wife merely st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ys <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t home. I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nt her to know wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t I go through, so ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>llow her body to s witch with mine for <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y. Amen.
    God, in his infinite wisdom, gr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nted the m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n's wish.

The next morning, sure enough, the m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>woke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> wom<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n. He <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rose, cooked bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kf<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st for his m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>te, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kened the kids, set out their school clothes, f ed them bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>kf<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st, p<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>cked their lunches, drove them to school, c<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>me home <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd picked up the dry cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ning, took it to the cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ners <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd stopped <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t the b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nk to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName> deposit, went grocery shopping, then drove home to put <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y the groceries, p<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>id the bills <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nced the check book. He cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ned the c<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t's litter box <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>thed the dog. Then it w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>lre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>dy 1 P.M. And he hurried to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke the beds, do the l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>undry, v<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>cuum, dust, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd sweep <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd mop the kitchen floor, r<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n to the school to pick up the kids <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd got into <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rgument with them on the w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y home. Set out milk <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd cookies <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd got the kids org<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nized to do their homework, then set up the ironing bo<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rd <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>tched TV while he did the ironing. At 4:30 he beg<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n peeling pot<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>toes <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>shing veget<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>bles for s<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>d, bre<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ded the pork chops <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd sn<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>pped fresh be<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ns for supper. After supper, he cle<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ned the kitchen, r<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n the dishw<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>sher, folded l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>undry, b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>thed the kids, <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd put them to bed. At 9 P.M. he w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s exh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>usted <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd, though his d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s expected to m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ke love, which he m<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>n<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ged to get through without compl<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>int.

The next morning, he <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>woke <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd immedi<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>tely knelt by the bed <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd s<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>id, Lord, I don't know wh<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>t I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s thinking. I w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>s so wrong to envy my wife's being <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ble to st<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y home <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ll d<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y. Ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se, oh ple<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>se, let us tr<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>de b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ck."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ve le<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>rned y our lesson <st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nd I will be h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ppy to ch<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nge things b<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ck to the w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>y they were. You'll just h<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>ve to w<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>it nine months, though. You got pregn<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>nt l<st1:personName w:st="on">a</st1:personName>st night."

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

oh what an ending

hi,
    that was one of the most interesting pieces I have read. The ending must have made it the best email story!!!!
    Meenu

3. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

just wonderful

Dear chilbuil imli
    what a fantastic story. very good
    regards
    uma:clap

4. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Oh...that was a real good one !

Hi,

That's a good posting. The ending is more interesting.

Keep posting.

Regards,
    Jay

5. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

good one

This a good story which gives a clear picture of the routine of an unemployed wife.
    Most of the husbands of above mentioned wives think that they work hard in the office all the 8 hrs and their betterhalf is simply sitting in the house without any hardship.
    The fact is that husband works 8 hrs whereas wife works althrough the day doing of all sorts of work as in the story.
    The story is very well pictured and a shocking ending.
    Archana.