Volunteer Opportunity

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by ARCollaboration, May 8, 2012.

1. ARCollaboration

ARCollaboration New IL'ite

Hi all

My name is Deepika. I recently moved to the US after I got married last year. After sitting at home for months due to my H4 status. I decided to at least to start volunteering somewhere. I searched online and found a not for profit art studio where I have been volunteering. I found this very refreshing and exciting. The studio needs more volunteers. I was wondering may be I can help others who are in the same state as me. If you are interested in volunteering and have skills that they are looking for. You can give it a try. I have pasted the opportunity below. This is in New York.

[FONT=&quot]Photoshop Design Assistant Opportunity[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Photoshop Design Assistant opportunity working in downtown Manhattan in the TriBeCa studio of an internationally exhibited conceptual artist and photographer. The ideal candidate is organized, responsible, positive and enthusiastic. A background in photography is required. The position starts immediately as an initial three-month commitment with the possibility of lasting longer. This is a volunteer position.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Qualifications[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Must be expert in Photoshop and Adobe Creative suite is a plus.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Must be Mac literate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Have past photography work experience. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Must be experienced and confident in:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Reading exposures and safe handling practices for transparencies and photographic prints[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Digital scanning of transparencies and retouching including color correcting images[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Printing digital files[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Printing small format color prints on a digital printer[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Maintain small format in-studio printer[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Handling large format lab prints[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Labeling and cataloging transparencies and prints[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Communicating precisely and accurately with mounting and framing professionals[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Must be extremely careful and have a good eye for detail as attention to detail is critical[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Responsibilities[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Scanning film. Utmost care must be taken when handling transparencies[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Retouching and color correcting scanned images in photoshop to the highest quality possible[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Printing photos. This includes smaller photographs printed in house as well as aiding and assisting in the printing of photos at a lab[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Organizing digital files[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To apply for this position please send a resume, cover letter and a link to a page with samples of your work. Include why you would be a good fit as well as your availability to start. [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Deepika,

Did you get some good responses? If not you can search the forum looking for threads that talk about photoshop. You can try PM'ing IL'ites based in New York and see if anyone is interested in it. All the best!

3. chandphani

chandphani New IL'ite