1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Voluntary work/Community work on H4?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by deepshikha, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Jyosna

Jyosna New IL'ite

Re: Want to volunteer!!! Please help

Just a suggesion to the animal lovers out there ....if you love to keep yourselves busy, y not try volunteering at Animal shelters and Pet care centers....all this is IF you have a passion for animal care. There are so many homeless animals out there that yearn for love and compassion....I being an animal lover myself, was planning that when I initially came here, but eventually landed up in a job....but me and my hubby visit the pet shelters over the weekend and buy the pets some canned food....

That way you would be busy as well as you earn some love from the fellow beings....Just my 2cents....My 2cents

Kind Regards,
    Jyosna.

2. Kutty_80

Kutty_80 Senior IL'ite

Re: Want to volunteer!!! Please help

hi gol,

i m also in jersey city. i came before here 4 months. i have a kid and we looking for a school for her.

i m also in same situation..i too want to volunteer.......
    if u come to know anything abt that plz forward to me.....

bye

3. suemaa

suemaa New IL'ite

Re: Anyone on H4 doing voluntary work?

Hi Everyone...how are you doing? Just a new member testing. Will post later. Bye all.

4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Suemma,

Welcome to the IndusLadies community! Please go to the new member area and introduce yourself in this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/22343-who-am-i-part-ii.html.

This way other members will get to know you and interact with you. Check out our other sub forums too and find the ones that interest you to post your thoughts, suggestions and ideas.

love,
    Aarushi

5. Suhasini02

Suhasini02 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the information posted in this thread. I did not know I could do voluntary work when on H4. I am looking all the time for ways to pass my time.

Thanks once again.

6. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Good information Thanks all, can you explain do they give us certificate of number of hours worked in voluntary work? I mean how is it good for our resume later

7. palemsamatha

palemsamatha New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me volunteer work in bay area, as i am new to this place don't ve any idea, getting really bored sitting at home with lapi.......

pls let me knw if anyone knw .............

am ready for volunteer work, r any other works like admin, recruiter, library etc.......

Heard H4 ll work as IT RECRUITERS with indian consultancies, do any one knw hw to approach 4 this jobs?

thanks
    sam

8. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepshikha,

It depends for which organization are you volunteering for...Of course you can add it to your resume..At least you are doing some thing which adds knowledge and experience. ..be it any type of volunteering.
    And most important is you will yourself feel better being in a working environment.
    The library for which I am volunteering right now said that they will give me a letter stating that I have volunteered for them.They do keep a track of the number of hours that I have volunteered for.

Bipasha

9. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Nice to see this ...

Recently I looked for short term volunteer work in orphanages or old age homes and found that they have both part time and full time volunteers. Usually if we live in a particular locality we can try the voluntary work in the community library / colleges etc. Usually in the library we get the community related activities so if we can read a book to a senior or a group of kids etc they would feel very happy. If we have computer knowledge taking small classes on MS office or internet browsing etc also is a great value add for them and for us too.

If you have a kid and are interested in sending them to a preschool or day care usually the school will encourage mothers to join as volunteers and if interested further they are ready to hire them as teachers provided they pass some ceritification exams. (we can check with the preschool reg. the exams etc.)

sometimes they are asking for resumes to know our background related to work and interests etc.

Good luck to all those who are interested and who are trying.