vitex chasteberry for fertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by minia08, May 29, 2013.

1. minia08

minia08 New IL'ite

hi ladies :hiya

I'm ttc #1 but having anovulatry cycles and slightly elevated prolactin levels. I searched online for remedies and came across many good reviews and success stories of woman who have conceived on taking vitex chasteberry herb. just google "vitex chasteberry success stories". it really got my attention cause woman failed with years for fertility treatments have succeeded on vitex. :thumbsup

I'm wondering if any of u ladies have taken and any success stories to share. im all ears . Please also suggest any multi vitamin or other supplements that are good while ttc for me n DH

2. Neha2903

Neha2903 Bronze IL'ite

I have heard it from a friend of mine. She has not conceived on it, but it helped her regulate cycles. She used to extreme hormonal imbalance and irregular periods and she took this tablet for 3 months. I heard that you should take it atleast fro 3 months to see its effect. In US we get it in bottles in supermarkets.

3. minia08

minia08 New IL'ite

hi Neha..

Thanks so much for the info. Its very reassuring to hear it from you. My periods are regular but no O. I guess no LH surge. Anyway it all boils down to hormone imbalance and looks vitex has a favorable effect.

I had ordered Now foods - vitex extract online and started taking it with caution.. 1 pill a day.. im gonna up the dosage to recommended 3 pills a day .. all by your word.. i ll post the progress in this thread for the benefit of anyone looking for this information.

4. minia08

minia08 New IL'ite

just posting my progress with vitex chasteberry for around 15 days. I got a +ve on opk plus ovulation cramps on CD18. This is really good since i'm sure i didn't O for at least the previous few months. I got hopes now n ready for baby making journey from next cycle.. we missed this cycle as i was not excepting to O. eagerly waiting AF to show and begin the next cycle ... I'm 28 and wishing for a baby soon .. pls wish me good luck ladies...

minn1 and JGVR like this.
  5. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

where will get that .. medical store?

6. minia08

minia08 New IL'ite

Hi Telja,

sorry for the late reply. You don't get in Indian medical store.. Neha mentioned in this thread , its available in US supermarkets though.

I ordered online in Amazon. As i read .. Now Vitex chasteberry extract or Solray brands are good. I got "Now foods" brand. It will cost you around 1500 per bottle - 1 month supply if taken on higher doses. please let me if you need more details.

7. Yettobemom

Yettobemom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I took Vitex for 3-4 months, as I had suspected luteal phase defect regular cycles with spotting before periods. Vitex didn't change anything for me so I stopped. May be it works for irregular cycles. It had no side effects.
    Best wishes..would love to share more about Vitex & other natural therapies if needed

8. tharuvetri

tharuvetri New IL'ite

Impressed by your post..... Eagerly waiting for your reply about the progress...... Take care:thumbsup

9. minia08

minia08 New IL'ite

hi ILs,

Sorry for the late update. I wanted to check on Vitex for the recommended 3-6 months at least before to say anything for sure. I'm taking 5th month supplies of vitex now and it still works fantastic for me. It made me believe in herbs.

Benefits:

1. I ovulate consistently on 15CD after 2 months on vitex. I confirmed this with 1 cycle of follicular study on July, BBT, positive opk and do get ovulation cramps. Here is my ovulation history.
    June

May - no ovulation (did not take vitex then, did follicular study)
    Jun - 17 CD
    July - 15 CD (follicular study, dominant follicle ruptured on 16CD morning around 9am)
    Aug - 15 CD
    Sep - 15 CD

2. In April, my prolactin levels were 27.7 ng/mL (higher than normal). In July, its 11.94 ng/mL (well within normal range)

3. PMS symptoms are getting better. Less period pain in last 2 cycles, legs swelling has decreased. Say 50% better.

4. Periods are less clotty.

Downsides:

1. I had regular but long cycles of 34 days. But Vitex is adjusting my cycle length. Now my period length is between 29 to 32. It seemed to settle on 29 days but i switched the brand (Now Foods pills form to ecletic liquid extract) and it backed to 32 days.
    To me shorter than 34 days is good, so didn't bother. But if you have 28 days cycle or lesser, expect delay in periods. it might take around 6 months to settle but end of it you may expect perfect follicular phase, ovulation, luteal phase.

2. I got mildly nauseous for initial 2 months during ovulation days (the day before and the day of ovulation in the evenings). I understand it was inducing LH surge and correcting hormone levels. worth it.

3. No miracles happening with conception yet. :(

Hope the info is useful. Wish all good luck.. me too :)

minn1 and JGVR like this.
  10. Yettobemom

Yettobemom Gold IL'ite

Good to hear you got positive effects on vitex! Soon u will have a miracle too! Keep up the hopes...