1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin d

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by kanaka Raghavan, Feb 19, 2014.

1. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    what are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency?
    Will it create fatigue tiredness.?
    I am now 63.taking tab for b.p
    otherwose every thing is well under control.i go for walk in the evening.
    upto the age of 56, 57 I was very active ,will walk upto 6 km.

no there is no itiative,feeling tired often.once an active Bajan class student,now donot even feel like going after doing the house core.
    morning coffee,oats porridge at 9,11am we used to finish meal 2subjis or one kootu one curry rasam. 3 pm tea with biscuits or wth dosa or idly 7.30 pm simple dinner either chappathi or rasam sabji,curd rice.salads
    This our routine.what else u need for nutrition.

very careful abt old,cough,where from where I am getting this tiredness ,laziness.no thyroid.no sugar.
    please help my 60 plus friends.
    poorni

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. bugatti

bugatti New IL'ite

Vitamin D is important for many daily body processes. It is also the ONLY vitamin that we can manufacture for ourselves, the result of sunshine on our skin. Scientists think that's the reason Vitamin D is so important---we have to have it, so we manufacture it ourselves under the right conditions

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

hello mam
    i too suffered the vitamin D deficiency
    my color became pale i had joint pains especially finger joint bones and right leg toes
    i dint know the the reason had lot of weakness went for a blood test and doc said there vitamin D deficency he adviced me to take BRIGETA for 3 months (weekly once) to walk in the sun for 1 hr as it is the natural source of vitamin D
    hope this maybe helpfull
    regards
    jaya

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. subasrisri

subasrisri New IL'ite

Butter,Cheese,Corn oil,,Cabbage,Beet greens,Spinah,With this direct exposure to sunlight for 5mts/day.These will help you to obtain Vitamin D

Thyagarajan and LuvLadoo35 like this.
  5. centurypeds

centurypeds New IL'ite

Vitamin D is not just a Vitamin. It is important for bone development of course but recent research has shown it is very important for Brain and Heart health too. We generally have low Vitamin D because of dark skin color (more melanin pigment ) which prevents absorption of sunlight. It is important to check how much the Vitamin D levels are in children as well as adults. We see a lot of kids as young as 4 years having low Vitamin D . The good news is that it can be corrected provided proper medication is taken . Initially the doctor will prescribe once a week Vitamin D in high dosage to bring your levels to normal .Once the doctor confirms with blood test that the levels are normal then the doctor will put you on once daily maintanance dose of Vitamin D ( LOW DOSE.)
    Hope this helps.
    CENTURYPEDS

Thyagarajan likes this.